Level 80 Karma help

Level 80 Karma help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

I recently found that I was feeling pretty stagnant at 80. I was running around in the same zone of Orr doing the same dynamic events over and over again. Unfortunately, this was boring as crap and truely felt like grinding. The amounts of karma needed for exotics is a bit daunting for the normal players (if I am normal).

So, I decided to take a break from karma farming and go do some crafting. To get started in crafting I needed some copper ore. I headed out to the norn starting areas in the hope that their starting area would provide more ore nodes being mountainous than my native sylvari area. (Can anyone confirm if this is right?)

During this adventure, I happened across some dynamic events going on and decided to jump in and help. I figure if nothing else I will be good help as an 80 fully trained character averaged down vs. the noobies. (which most definately is the case)

When the event was concluded, I got my gold medal and looked to see the karma total expecting to see 50 – 100 karma gained like I would if I was level 8-15. To my surprise, I was getting 283 or so karma per event! Much more on par with what I would earn in the higher zones. What’s more, the reward chests drop high level armors, weapons and armor boosts!

So, my suggestion is this;

If you are finding yourself bored in Orr, go back and do some content that you haven’t before. Revisit some areas and do events that way. Gather low level resources along the way and try out some crafting. For me at least, I find it way more entertaining than staying in the same spot static for days on end.

Hope it helps!

Level 80 Karma help

Posted by: Mockingbird.7324

Mockingbird.7324

Thanks good to know since I just got lvl 80 and I was thinking that Orr is kinda boring.

Level 80 Karma help

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

Awesome, if this helped one person it’s mission accomplished!