Level 80 boost question

Level 80 boost question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Michael.9403

Michael.9403

The game will not let me remove my level 80 booster from the shared inventory slot until I consume it.

If I do consume it, will the slot remain afterward for me to use with any other sharable items, or will it leave the game?

Level 80 boost question

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It will remain.

Good luck.

Level 80 boost question

Michael.9403

Thank you.

It’s not that I need another level 80. It’s that I’m tired of that shared inventory slot being wasted on that item.

I recently did a bank clean up and became aware that I have over a stack of Tomes of experience (+1 level each), and over 2 stacks of writs of experience (~10% experience each). Since I could level almost 4 more characters, I’ve reached my threshold of needing that slot more than that item.

ANET’s going to make me work to get rid of it, since I can’t destroy it and don’t want a new character. I have a couple of lowbies whose job it is to camp chests at the end of jumping puzzles, hoping for the occasional silver doubloon. I’ll raise one to 80, kill it off, roll another, raise it up to level 22, then have to jump it back up there.

C’est la vie. All for lack of a delete option. <g>

Level 80 boost question

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You don’t have to use it on a low-level character. You can use it on a L80 Character and reap the rewards, and open the slot.

Good luck.

Level 80 boost question

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Just to save you some bank space you can turn those scrolls of exp into tomes at the mystic forge npc in la 10-1 conversion so instead of 500 scrolls you will have 50 tomes

Level 80 boost question

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think they put the boost into a shared slot and made it impossible to remove so newbies couldn’t lose it. We used to see topics all the time from people who bought the Heroic Edition and deleted their first character with the chest.

But as other people have said you don’t have to use it on a low level character. You can use it on an existing level 80 and they’ll just be given the items (and teleported to Silverwastes). They will also keep all the items, skills etc they already have.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Level 80 boost question

Michael.9403

Ok, I read the rewards. That poses a question, to derail my own thread:

If I used the boost on a Level 1 character, how many hero points do I have at level 80?

The rewards list state only stats and unblocks are given, but since HoT, a regular rain (8 to 10 at a time) of HP’s show up as the character levels up. With the fast track item, do they still show up? If I use it on a level 80, I do wind up with less HP than I start with? My 80’s are elite, and I’d hate to de-elite them just to get rid of that boost item.

Inquiring minds want to know, and all that stuff……

Level 80 boost question

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

If I used the boost on a Level 1 character, how many hero points do I have at level 80?

The rewards list state only stats and unblocks are given, but since HoT, a regular rain (8 to 10 at a time) of HP’s show up as the character levels up. With the fast track item, do they still show up? If I use it on a level 80, I do wind up with less HP than I start with? My 80’s are elite, and I’d hate to de-elite them just to get rid of that boost item.

Inquiring minds want to know, and all that stuff……

You get no more hero points your 80 have already got them leveling up.

Level 80 boost question

Michael.9403

Just to save you some bank space you can turn those scrolls of exp into tomes at the mystic forge npc in la 10-1 conversion so instead of 500 scrolls you will have 50 tomes

Yes, I did that. That’s why I only have 2 stacks of them left, and also why I have a full stack of tomes.

Level 80 boost question

Michael.9403

<snip>.

You get no more hero points your 80 have already got them leveling up.

But I also asked what happens HP wise if I use the booster on a level 1. Do they wind up an 80 with zero HP?

(edited by Michael.9403)

Level 80 boost question

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

you end up with enough hero points to unlock everything from the core class and you have 1 hp left over if my memory serves me well
edit : corrected myself

(edited by Nordom.3485)

Level 80 boost question

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hero Points from leveling are different from Hero Points from Hero Challenges.

A character receives 398 Hero Points from leveling. There are 614 Hero Points available from Hero Challenges and other sources.

If you level slowly or instantly, you will receive the 398 Hero Points. These are separate from any Hero Challenge or other source Hero Points.

This is what a Level 80 character receives when using the Level 80 Boost. You may have read about Level-up Rewards, which is a different thing and does not apply to boosted characters (no matter the level).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost_Package

Here’s an official video that explains the item, as well:

Good luck.