Leveling 400-500 Armor Crafting

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Castigate.5470

Castigate.5470

Anyone have any good tips (or anyone having trouble) for leveling crafting (specifically Leatherwork and Armorsmith for me) up to 500? I feel like the price of t6 leather from all the HoT recipes is holding me back because its needed a lot to make the insignias (right now it’s like more than 10g to make 1 insignia)…. and well— im sorta too broke for it lol and I don’t really feel like wasting 10+g to level up once or twice. I looked up crafting guides in hopes to find other ways around the t6 leather but most of the guides I’ve found were outdated. Can anyone point out ways to level it up without sacrificing a lot of gold? or better yet, ways to farm t6 leather? Right now I’m aiming to get the Grand Artisan achievement so I’ll need all the information I can get !~

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Usually you buy the insignias (usually obtained from salvaging exotics from fractals)

Here’s a guide that compares TP prices of materials

http://gw2crafts.net/armorcraft_400.html

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Bloodstone bricks, dragonite ingot and empyreal stars are a cheap way of levelling.

Also join a guild who has the crafting bonus tavern upgrade, it stacks with all other crafting bonuses.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Use crafting boosters and then make exotics until you hit 450. Craft T7 materials until 473ish and then get to 500 on exotics.

My alts are pretty much all at 475 and this is what I did for them. It only took about a month of making T7 mats. Many of which you were likely going to craft anyway or can just sell.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

This is why leather and cloth prices are wrong. The prices are all balanced around Ascended Armor crafting. True, those are all roughly the same gold cost now after recent events, but the leveling up of leatherworker (and tailor, still) is grossly more expensive than armorsmith or any of the weapon crafts. That’s what the costs of the materials should be balanced around, but this is a personal opinion.

As far as tips? Have patience and slowly amass all the materials yourself. Play the game normally, you’ll like burn out on ‘farming’ for it.

Wait, there is one tip I remember. Complete the original Personal Story on as many characters as you can. The later episodes (in Orr) gave me a fair bit of gossamer and hardened leather compared to any other play style I’ve done. Farming for it will just burn you out since you’d probably get more gold doing something else to just buy it with… which just ends up driving the price higher.

Posted by: Castigate.5470

Castigate.5470

ah, thanks a bunch for that link!

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Typically it’s best if you were to make a set of gear you’d use anyways; maybe for a new build or new character. That’s how I usually did it. http://gw2crafts.net/ is very useful.

Also, the cost for crafting to 500 is peanuts compared to actually crafting ascended armor. If you’re having trouble with leveling up crafting, then I would recommend reconsidering pursuing this until you have more gold and instead farm some more materials. We are talking thousands of gold here. If the idea of 10g for an insignia troubles you, then well…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

400 → 425 : refine T6
425 -450 : craft exo
450 →475 : refine T7
475 → 500 : craft exo

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK