Leveling

Leveling

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Wilcoxson.1468

Wilcoxson.1468

I am level 2. Now I have story mode objective said that that area suggest me to level up to 3 so I am trying to looking for things to do to level up. I know there has many things to do like dynamic events or hearts or vistas, etc but I don’t know if exploration will make me becoming strong because its just exploration. I don’t know if I can or want to do hearts because the heart are 3 level or up. I guess I am stuck. I don’t want to do story objectives that is higher level than mine or that I am not just strong enough.

Leveling

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Hi. I just started last week. In my opinion the hearts are the best place to start since the first hearts are meant for newbie as far as I can tell. You should level to 3 and 4 in no time doing the hearts and with little problem. The mobs are not hard and some of the tasks do not include fighting, like watering plants and such.

Plus when you do the hearts you get karma points to buy items from the person you helped that will boost your character. You will also get some money completing hearts so make sure you check mail and take the cash in the mail. I didn’t even know that when I started and had all this money in my mail. LOL

Of course you could also grind low level mobs right in the newbie area to open up all your weapon 2-5 skills.

Exploring can “make you strong” so to speak because you gain experience which will help you level, which in turn boosts your attributes. However at level 2 if you start wandering toward some of those vistas you are probably going to run across some mobs that will be hard to handle at level 2.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Leveling

Wilcoxson.1468

right but Remember I am at level 2 and hearts are level 3 and up.

Leveling

JustTrogdor.7892

right but Remember I am at level 2 and hearts are level 3 and up.

That’s fine trust me. Visit the first heart and do a few of the tasks you will see. The only way you will get past level 2 really is to do the first heart. I’m not sure what map you are on but for example if you are human the first heart is a farm. You water some plants, feed some cows and fight a few worms nop problem. At level 2 these missions are developed to get you started and learn how to play.

The worst that happens is you die and go right back and finish where you left off. The heart missions don’t reset if you die or go some place else.

You really are not going to level up past 2 if you don’t start doing a few of these things. You could explore for XP as well but I don’t think you will get far at level 2.

The Burninator

Leveling

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

It doesn’t matter, you can still do the hearts even if they are higher level than you. There isnt much diffference between level 2 and 3, so just go at it.

Also exploring is big part of the game (point of interests, vista’s, skillpoints), along with the hearts and it will help you level up.

EDIT: oh yeah, since you are new, im just going to tell this now.

There is going to be a time when it starts to get slower to level up in your starting area and the hearts will be higher level than you, when that happens, you should considering going to the starting area of other races to level up.

Since you’ll get scaled down when you enter an area that is meant for lower levels, you’ll still get experience from the hearts that are lower level than you. (Believe me, it is extremely effective way of leveling up).

To go to another starting areas, just go to the capital city (such as Divinity’s Reach, Rata Sum, The Grove, Hoelbrak and The Black Citadel), then find the asura gate (shown as a purple whirl on the map) and you’ll get to Lion’s Arch and you can see the asura gates leading to other race’s capitals (which will lead to their starting areas)

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

(edited by Andrax.4576)

Leveling

Wilcoxson.1468

Oh I didn’t think about that go to other races’ area. Thanks a lot! But which is exploration or hearts in other areas coming first. I know its up to me since this game is all about.

Leveling

JustTrogdor.7892

Well they kind of go together in a way because the hearts are spread across the map. Here is how I started.

I started doing the first closest hearts to the starting area. Then I spent some time grinding mobs about my same level to level up one more and practice with my weapon skills. I also had some extra money so I bought other weapons available for my class and experimented to find the weapon skills I liked. Then I started to explore the areas closest to the hearts I completed, specifically the waypoints so I could travel easier. Then I just started working across the map from there.

You are right, the game is about the way you want to play it. I’m at L15 now and have only done a few parts of the living story because I get bored of listening to all the talk and running back and forth (but that’s just me). So I decided I’d just complete the Queensland map first. So I started doing hearts that were close to my level, vistas, bonus skill points and so forth and have had a lot of fun doing it. I always jump in on dynamic events I run across. I started crafting which gives good XP too.

I found it best just to head out and start looking for things to do to see what aspects of the game I enjoy the most. There is really no huge risk at low level because if you die you don’t lose anything aside from maybe some armor damage which is fairly cheap to repair at low level.

So if you explore you will probably end up doing hearts along the way and if you do hearts you will end up exploring as you head to them.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Leveling

Wilcoxson.1468

thanks! I appreciate your help. now I am doing your way lol.

Leveling

JustTrogdor.7892

thanks! I appreciate your help. now I am doing your way lol.

Well I’m new too so that is just my experience so far and the best advice I have based on my time playing. Have fun! I’m sure you will. I’m loving GW2 so far. There is just so many different things to do.

The Burninator