Leveling Troubles....

Leveling Troubles....

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Infernoz.9520

Infernoz.9520

So , I bought Guild Wars 2 a couple of days ago. I have to say it didn’t quite live up to my expectations , but never the less , It’s a good MMORPG.
I have two characters : Sylvari Elemntalist lvl 4 , and a Human Guardian lvl 10.
Obviously I have been playing the Guardian more as I am more of a melee person when it comes to MMO’s. I Have been finding it quite hard to find things to do in terms of leveling. People say things like " Oh , to level all you need to do is play the game ". I don’t understand that at all. I do every dyanamic event that I can , and do all the heart quest things. On top of that , the story quests are too high a level for me to do , so I have to find another way of gaining experience. Could someone help me with a technique to level efficiently?

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

I can reccomend a grind spot if you want but i dont reccomend rushing leveling.

Vale waypoint has a troll monster, bandit event, grub event (south for the grub event) then after the grub event giant baracuda event, and a hungry bear event all happen less than 5-10 minutes.

Oh ya vale waypoint is in queensdale (human territory) btw.

(edited by Thomassassinate.9370)

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: Aly.3429

Aly.3429

Each race has it’s own level 1-15 area, go visit them all. Do the hearts, skillpoints, work on map completion and do the occasional DE and you’ll be level 25-30 in no time.

Leveling Troubles....

Infernoz.9520

Each race has it’s own level 1-15 area, go visit them all. Do the hearts, skillpoints, work on map completion and do the occasional DE and you’ll be level 25-30 in no time.

Leveling Troubles....

Infernoz.9520

1-15 area? What do you mean?

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: Alf.9137

Alf.9137

1-15 as in for characters level 1 to 15 (Starter zones) and then the nearby zones are often 15-25.. then 25-35 etc etc.. so there’s a gentle push onwards as you level.

You get more xp and more things to do moving and exploring.. so try and fill up the hearts and do DE’s in your starter zone – you get nice xp for completing each zone map as well as rewards. You also get xp for finding new areas, vising points of interest, viewing vistas as well as killing things.

.. then move on to another area you’ve not explored so you get all those little xp’s for finding new areas, POI’s, Vistas etc while filling up the new hearts. Mouse over a heart tells you the suggested level you should be to complete the heart.

Crafting also gives xp.

:)

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

1-15 area? What do you mean?

You can use the Asura Gates (pink portal on your map) in major cities to link between Lion’s Arch and each other. If you’ve completed the current map and are still below level for the next zone, try playing another starting area since even the lowest level events and hearts and stuff will give near-standard experience.

That said, have you actually completed the current map? That means all hearts, all PoI’s, all skill points, and all vistas. You’ll get about 2/3 of a level for the full completion (you can check your progress on the map). This is your most effective way to level (in PvE) by far.

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: HunterGreen.8071

HunterGreen.8071

What I’ve found works good is leveling up to around 7 or 8 in your own cultural starting area, then go to one of the other starting areas until around 13 or so. Then go back to your own starting area and finish it up, then finish up the alternate starting zone you were working on. By finish, I mean complete all hearts and skill points and get all waypoints and points of interest. Also participate in any events that you can.

Example: Humans start in Queensdale – Level up to 7/8 then go to Wayfarer Foothills and do the green area on the map (this should get you a few levels).

You can get to Lion’s Arch by going through the Mists. The little PvP icon in the upper left of your UI. Go there and then go through the portal straight in front of where you load in. You’ll port in to LA at the WvW portals. Just run across the bridge to the North, then hang a left. The portal hub for all starter zones is there. There are NPC’s on each of the ramps (Norn for Wayfarer Foothills, Asura for Metrica Province, Humans for Queensdale and Sylvari for Caladon Forest).

I’m willing to admit that I may
not always be right, but I am never wrong.
~Samuel Goldwyn

(edited by HunterGreen.8071)

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

As people have said above, there are always other races’ starting areas to visit. Don’t overlook the fact that you can get exp for exploring, not just for killing things, though. For instance, if you’re doing all the hearts in your starter area, be sure to do skill challenges, find points of interest, and view vistas as well – these all give you exp! Plus if you 100% clear the area you’ll get a nice bonus of both exp and loot. Clearing areas is a very helpful things to aim for.

If you’re thinking of visiting Lion’s Arch to get to other starting areas, you’ll be going through your race’s capital city. Although you don’t get nice gear and things for 100%-ing that, I usually got at least one level worth of exp from exploring a city fully while at a low level. The cities are also pretty awesome to look around

If you haven’t visited your race’s city yet (a lot of people miss it!) the portal to it was probably behind you when you first got dropped in your starting area from your tutorial. Good luck levelling, and I hope you find the appeal in this game with time!

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Also mine every ore node, chop every tree and harvest every food node. They all give xp. If you finish your daily achievement (kill x monsters, harvest x resources) you get a treasure chest.

I have the opposite problem. I seem to outl evel an area too fast. But I’m all over the place, harvesting, climbing mountains, swimming looking for caves. You kill a lot of extra stuff just exploring.

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

Complete the daily
Mine/Chop/Gather every resource
DEs
Craft
Story
Zone completion

I just level another character, and always out leveled the zone I was in doing these things.

Leveling Troubles....

Posted by: dragonrhapsody.6198

dragonrhapsody.6198

Actually just spamming mission events and map completion is an extremely fast way to level. I can guarantee that. I got from 1 to 80 in a week.

Most men complacently accepts
“Knowledge” as “Truth”…
They are sheep ruled by fear…