Leveling help needed!

Leveling help needed!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: oRx.9584

oRx.9584

Hi guys

I’m oRx, I just recently got GW2 and started playing, mainly because of the WvW and sPvP it has to offer. I read about people getting upscaled in WvW, but it does not reach my expectations. Sure we get upscaled, but we still lack all the utilities, gear stats, sigils and runes, etc..

So, it became clear that before level 80 I will not be able to contribute much to the WvW, so I rather not go there, even though it’s by far the most enjoyable thing in-game for me at the moment.

What I was wondering about is, how to level up as efficiently as possible?

I know I may miss a lot of the game’s content and such by “powerleveling” or sticking to one method alone, but honestly, I don’t care. The way I feel right now is, the more content I skip, the better.

All I’m really here for is WvW (no offense to the PvE community or whatsoever, each to his own) so I’d rather not get involved into too many things, as they frankly bore me.

If anybody has any suggestions, please do hand them out as I’m really struggling here to level lol. :P

Thanks in advance.

Regards, oRx.

“Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.”
- Tupac Amaru Shakur (1971-1996)

Leveling help needed!

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Edge of the mists.
Crafting – although can be expensive.

Leveling help needed!

oRx.9584

Edge of the mists.
Crafting – although can be expensive.

Thanks for your feedback Johnny, will try Edge of the mists asap! I cannot do crafting though Im afraid, since I barely have any money to start with, and I dont like gathering. :p

Again, thanks

Leveling help needed!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Definitely Edge of the Mists. Even if you hadn’t said you prefer WvW people would recommend that because it’s genuinely one of the fastest way to level up. But it also means you can do what you enjoy (sort of, EOTM is quite different to ‘real’ WvW) while levelling.

Another possibility is to do PvP and use the Tomes of Knowledge you’ll get from the reward tracks.

Also although I normally encourage people to do the opposite – take their time levelling and explore – you actually won’t really miss anything by doing it this way because in PvE the game down scales you to match the area you’re in, which means everything is still open to you no matter what level you are. So if for some reason you decide later on to check out PvE you’ll still be able to do it all even if you’re level 80.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Leveling help needed!

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Whats helping me a lot is the following:
You will encounter lots of so called “yellow” mobs in the maps. Now, the interesting part about those is..the less they are killed by other or yourself, the more BONUS xp you get. Prerequisite is however that you need at least an XP booster (from gemstore or black lion chest drop)

Example..a moa i killed normally would gain me 200 XP..but with the booster AND keeping in mind this moa is find on “not-so-common places” (meaning the likelyness of it being killed a lot of times) yields a bonus XP amount of around 1100! Thats 1300 XP in a very easy kill at once.
Now imaginge groups of those yellow mobs together
Hope it helps

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Leveling help needed!

Posted by: Ani.8473

Ani.8473

Edge of The Mists and your Personal Story for some distraction – gives nice xp and since last update really useful rewards. Sometimes you can even get a booster

Leader of [EoL] Evolution of Loneliness – http://eol.notjustfor.me/ :)

Leveling help needed!

oRx.9584

Thanks Danikat and Ani for furthermore explaining Edge of the Mists to me! Appreciate it alot.

Jcroy, thanks alot also for bringing in another side of the story lol, that seems like a very valid idea of leveling aswell! I didn’t know you could rack up so much xp from just slaying, I might even consider doing that for abit!

Leveling help needed!

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

Thanks Danikat and Ani for furthermore explaining Edge of the Mists to me! Appreciate it alot.

Jcroy, thanks alot also for bringing in another side of the story lol, that seems like a very valid idea of leveling aswell! I didn’t know you could rack up so much xp from just slaying, I might even consider doing that for abit!

You are very welcome. I just learned this about 4 months ago, while already have been playing for one year+ .
I was slashing away with a new char out of boredom (one of these days) slaughtering doe’s and moa’s..and i was surprised why I leveled so fast. Asked my guildies what the reason was and they explained

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”