Leveling is Killing me

Leveling is Killing me

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hysoto.6124

Hysoto.6124

Ok im used to the wow style of leveling which i enjoy being able to quest the whole time and not find myself in a daze like i am atm with gw2 .. Im only lv 15 after like 2 days of completing like 1 map then goin .. Uhh now where do i go my story quest is way to far ahead of my lv and im just sat here twidling my thumbs trying to find a leveling guide online and im just stumpd… So really my question is WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO BE at lv 15 (Human Guardian lv 15)

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

You could start Kessex Hills south of Queensdale.
Or you could visit one of the starting zones of the other races by using the portal in Divinity´s Reach to Vigill Keep and then one of the portals to the respective capital city.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: Brullyra.1592

Brullyra.1592

If you head back into your starting city (Divinitys Reach) you can use an Asura gate to get to a hub where you can jump to any starter city (levels 1-15)

Your next stop though much be Kessex Hills which is a level 15-25 zone.
The map below shows all the zone levels:

http://gw2cartographers.com/

Or you could use http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/interactive-maps/ which allows you to click any waypoint, heart etc to get a guide top complete it.

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

You could move to those maps, do events, bosses, crafting (if you’re interested in that), do Kessax Hills, do sPvP (for the leveling books), WvW, tournaments etc.

GW2 gives players so much to do in this game, why do just 1 thing?

I understand you’re a fan of WoW’s leveling system, but this is another game, which means you could explore it in a bit different way.

Do what you want, not what you have to.

Good luck.

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Some very good advices,

What many people don’t realise is that almost everything grants xp. See a tree? cut it down for the wood and gain some. See someone dead? rez them and get some XP. Meet an event? participate and get some XP.

off course you need to be in a map to do so. At level 15 you basicly have 2 options. The first is to go ahead and level in a level 15-25 map. When you are allready having issues staying alive, that might be challenging. If you prefer a more relaxing pace of leveling I would suggest going to one of the other starting maps.

-hint: if you like a real challenge you can try to go into lion’s arch. currently the living story is there. It is designed for level 80. You will get upgraded to level 80, but with your current armor and skills it is pretty challenging. So not for the faint of heart. But the xp you get is amazing there and it drops ‘found belongings (bout 50 per sequence of 1 hour). with 100 off them you can ’buy’ a level (you buy a tome of knowledge that will grant you a level). Not easy to do, but very rewarding.

If you want to follow my hint: use the portal in your home town to go to Gendarran fields. A bit south of where you land you will see a big balloon. Use it to go to lornar’s pass and use the asura portal to enter lion’s arch.

It might be that it is blocked (the town is open 45 minutes in every hour). To unblock it, every hour at 5 minutes past the hour, an event will start to open it. Stay back there. The event will be level 30. but as soon as its over, go through the portal.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

And you could try your hand at starting some crafts. If you have been getting mats, you could try chef maybe.

While crafting you will gain XP too, not very fast but still. And you can craft some foods for your level that can help you while you fight some monsters or dive into LA.

So many options

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

All these posts are legit. So to answer your question: “Where should I be at lvl 15?”
The best answer is: Anywhere you want (As long as it isn’t Orr, wait up a bit before you go there)

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

If you can afford it, regularly update your armor every 5 levels with blues or greens, either by buying through the trading post or crafting them (if you can afford them now). I was stingy with updating my equipment when I first joined the game at launch, relying mostly on what the enemy drops and rewards would give me. This made missions harder, compared to when I levelled up my other characters.

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you want to follow my hint: use the portal in your home town to go to Gendarran fields. A bit south of where you land you will see a big balloon. Use it to go to lornar’s pass and use the asura portal to enter lion’s arch.

Why would you enter from lornar’s? The Gendarran entrance works fine and the event is much easier.

Leveling is Killing me

SandraSolace.7682

Why would you enter from lornar’s? The Gendarran entrance works fine and the event is much easier.

It’s actually just a shortcut. Taking the balloon too Lornar’s puts you right at the entrance while in Gendarran you have to walk a bit before you get there.

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It’s actually just a shortcut. Taking the balloon too Lornar’s puts you right at the entrance while in Gendarran you have to walk a bit before you get there.

There is a waypoint next to the Gendarran entrance.

Leveling is Killing me

SandraSolace.7682

Yes, but that costs money…

Leveling is Killing me

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

There is a waypoint next to the Gendarran entrance.

We are talking bout a level 15 character in a level 25+ map here. He will not have unlocked this waypoint and he will need to go through hostile terrain. even cause it is only like 3-4 single mobs that can be an issue, for example the event on the bridge to applenook can cause a lot of trouble for him.

Same goes for bloodtide coast, there are a few foes on the path from the balloon to the town.

Lornar pass balloon is in the camp and you can walk without issue to the portal (unless someone pulls the wolves out off the cave nearby, but thats rare)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!