Leveling problems.

Leveling problems.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vexator.2084

Vexator.2084

Hey everyone

I’m currently a level 15 warrior and I’m having problems while leveling (aka I’m dying alot).

These are my stats:
- 212 power
-123 precision
-92 toughness
-101 vitality
-404 attack
-16% crit chance
-244 armor
-1530 health

I’m using a greatsword. Skills are Mending/signite of might/signet of fury. I currently have 5 points in the strenght tree.

I’m dying alot. 2-3 mobs are hard. Vetaran mobs 1V1 can kill me sometimes. Even if i kill them i somehow die afterwards from alot of dmg (combat log doesnt show sh*it tbh).

Any help, tips and pointers much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Prowl.5097

Prowl.5097

I’m no warrior expert but some basic tips would be to find a solid skill rotation of damage/ support that works for you, try out different weapons tower what you like best, and know that those fights aren’t supposed to be a Cakewalk, if your just barley dying, then you only need to tweak a few things.

In terms of leveling, I’ve found world events give the biggest jump in XP, especially if you take attacks that damage numerous enemies. Also if you don’t already, as you go zone to zone, get every waypoint and do every quest, they give decent bumps to XP and are generally located near the world events.

Guild Commander of Embers of a Dying Sun
Henett: Elementalist of Fort Aspenwood

Leveling problems.

Posted by: daemonlama.5413

daemonlama.5413

Vetaran mobs are suppose to be tough.

Practice your dodge (V key) or double hitting your movement keys in whatever direction you want to dodge. (if you use movement keys.)

Learn your combos and abilities and time them for maximum use. And think about how you want to play your character and research where to place your points accordingly.

I find I still have a bit to learn on my toons, but I also am having a lot of fun with the process of learning. I am a lot better now than I was even a couple days ago.

Good luck and have fun!

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Meece.4109

Meece.4109

I’m no warrior expert but around the same level I started working on adding stats via pebbles I’d obtained through mining. I added about 14 toughness and some vitality and not only was I getting hit less hard (it seemed) I wasn’t dying near as much.

From there I worked on filling out the other stats I believe I needed like Power and then Precision. I honestly have no idea if I’m doing the stats correctly but I’m a monster for sure. I’m tough to kill in the middle of tons of mobs and do my best to get in the mix.

Good luck!

Leveling problems.

Posted by: TwistedWarrior.8613

TwistedWarrior.8613

I had same issues at one time. I went greatsword/dual axes and swap between both on the fly for maximum effect. Try opening with hundred blades followed by whirlwind attack then switch over to dual axes for whirling axe. By this time you should be able to hit with an eviscerate to finish off. You can also throw in bladestrail and throw axe wherever needed to help with kiting. Also, don’t forget to use you’re utility skills for better results and try to keep all you’re gear up to date.

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Tetsuo.2593

Tetsuo.2593

Veteran mobs are the ‘elite’ mobs of other MMOs, they are meant to be harder, but soloable most of the time. Killing more than a mob early on isn’t easy (later it’s no joke either, and will require most of your cooldowns) like you can do on recent titles like SWTOR. One more thing, mobs that are 1 level above you are much harder to kill. Try to stay ahead of the required level for a quest. At 15, go back to another race’s start area and do it. The XP for kills and quests will be pretty similar.

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Stron Magnesson.8017

Stron Magnesson.8017

I used Greatsword as a Norn for over 28 hours during the last beta weekend, what i found worked best for me was to keep at a distance, using the Greatsword’s ranged attack and the Rifle. Wear them down, hobble them, knock them back, rush them, use Hundred Blades, roll away, switch back to rifle. Or use Longbow on 2 or 3 targets, explosive AOE, burning AOE, cripple, rush, HB, roll away…

Hope that helps.

I know Greatsword looks cool and all, but if you never get the hang of it, try different weapon combinations. Like i said, i played with Greatsword for over 28 hours, but when the game came out i found i no longer liked it. I used Axe & Shield with Hammer to great effect, but finally settled on Sword & Axe with Longbow, and have seldom switched to any other weapon. Occasionally i’ll switch to Rifle for 1v1, or Warhorn for travel.

Also, if you are loathe to go to another race’s starting area (as i am loathe to do so) leave combat for a while, pick up a couple tradeskills and start crafting. You’ll go up a couple levels from that and make a profit. Run around reviving people, harvest random plants, trees, ore that you find. All of these will give you exp.

(edited by Stron Magnesson.8017)

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Aurelius.7601

Aurelius.7601

Warriors don’t have much in the way of defensive cooldowns at low level, so we seem to be a bit squishy. It looks like you are using a squishy build on top of that. Also, while the GS does a lot of damage, you’re going to get pounded on if you use HB too much.

Warriors in this game really need to stay mobile more than just about any profession. Use your mobility skills and circle-strafe in any encounter where you might take heavy damage. A majority of Veteran mobs will root just before they use their big ability and you can simply get behind them and pop HB.

Also, you probably want to choose a second weapon set with some Cc or range. Rifle is good for example because it has a cripple, a KB and a daze/blind whatever. Great to swap to if you get in trouble.

If you sit down and try to have a dps race with a vet or 2-3 mobs, you’re gonna die quite a bit unless you’re geared-out or outlevel them.

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Smackwell.2380

Smackwell.2380

Even if i kill them i somehow die afterwards from alot of dmg

Are you getting taken down, and in your downed state hitting the 3 key? When I first started I thought that was just a “get back up” button, but I kept dying after the fight anyway. Then I read what it does – it lets you get back up to fight for a while, but after that short while, you’ll get defeated and have to respawn.

It’s best to throw hammers and rocks at an enemy or try to heal yourself (4) if you don’t have aggro to get a Rally (killing an enemy while in a downed state lets you get back up), than using the 3 ability.

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

When leveling my warrior i played with shield and either a 1h axe or 1h sword. (shields help loads to keep you alive) Also put traits into toughness, when leveling i split them evenly between power, precision and toughness.

2h swords are amazing at higher levels but at lower levels your stats are just not high enough to be able to use them without taking too much damage. Also get a longbow for your second weapon and kite mobs around with it, the f1 skill and number 3 skill are great while doing this. Drop the f1 skill and kite the mobs in a circle while inside the aoe and drop the 3 skill right behind you so the mobs run into it right as it hits. I still use this trick with the bow at level 80 if i over pull.

Also get the healing signet skill asap and never use it, the passive heal on it is amazing and works wonders when using the bow kiting i mentioned above as you regain health as you are kiting the mobs, once you get up to a decent amount of health you can swap back to your weapon and whack on em till you kill them or get low on hp again and go back to kiting with the bow.

For more effect with the kiting once you hit 30 get the elite signet that gives the speed boost when used, it is also great for getting around the map.

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Stron Magnesson.8017

Stron Magnesson.8017

I can echo what Smackwell said. I thought that there was some serious glitch in the game everytime i used the Vengeance skill, till i read it finally.

Fortunately there is a Major Trait that lets you rally if you kill someone while using Vengeance. Until i get that trait, i stay away from using it.

If, however, Vengeance is not your issue, it may be that you are getting hit with poison/bleed/burning afflictions, and may want to use a prayer or sigil that will remove them. Warriors have some fair ability to do this.

Leveling problems.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Weapon swap is there for a reason.

Personally as a warrior I mix it up between ranged and melee. Straight up melee can be hard to survive but short breaks of ranged dps can give you a breather.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.