Lifetime Survivor - still bugged?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Aearon.5691

Aearon.5691

Does this still require you to get all points in a single zone in a single session, or does it only reset when you actually die? (following the in-game description)

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

As far as I know, nothing has changed. In fact I don’t think Anet considers this a bug. I could be wrong though.

The fact is, even with the single zone, single session, its very easy and can take as little as 1 hour to comeplete.

If you have level 50 or better yet, a level 80, go to a level 50 or so area that you have not been to.

Use an experience booster if you have one and kill, gather, do hearts quest, POI, vista, and waypoints. You will have it in no time.

When I did it, I only had to do about half the map.

(edited by Tom.6478)

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

as far as i know, its a lifetime crafter achievement. if you know what i mean.

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Rowan Mayfair.1459

Rowan Mayfair.1459

So true !!!

Rowan Mayfair Witch – Human Mesmer lvl. 80
Target Ally – Asura Engineer lvl. 80
Freiya the Valkyrie – Norn Ranger. lvl 80

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

You can get it easily from crafting, or go run CoE story mode and in the room with the green gas and oozes, shoot an ooze with the special gun they give….instant lifetime survivor from 0 to max enjoy

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Aeleniel.4973

Aeleniel.4973

This isn’t a bug… It is ANet’s way of making sure that people don’t cheat by unlogging or changing maps right as they’re about to die. They’ve acknowledged that maybe this isn’t the best way to solve the problem, but it didn’t sound like they were really planning on changing it. I don’t have a source, unfortunately, but I’ve read a few ANet responses on here.

As Tom said, the easiest way is to be level 80… The experience scales up a lot, which is part of the reason it takes about as long to get from 70-80 as it does to get from 60-70.

Tarnished Coast | Ranger | Mesmer | Guardian
Dynamics of Synergetics – DOS

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I wasn’t even thinking about that when it popped up while leveling my chef. A bit anticlimatic unfortunately.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i just farmed Orr events for the survivor. at first i thought it worked like Guild Wars, where it would tally at level 1 until you died. after getting defeated at level 19, i was super mad, but noticed the counter had gotten stuck. so i logged out and kept at it, and after a few hours in Orr, it pinged. to be clear, i was rolling an alt that i later deleted out of anger, so i swapped characters and went to Orr.

so i guess it starts when you enter a zone, and keeps tallying until you are defeated.

Posted by: Millionaires.4201

Millionaires.4201

If you leave the zone it will stop. So it has to be done without being defeated (you can be downed) or leaving the map area.