Linking GW1 & GW2 in 2017

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Popdude.1678

Popdude.1678

Hey all, just a confused quaggan here, i recently purchased GW1 so that i could unlock the hall of monuments content, an i am struggling to find how to link my accounts. if y’all could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230900328-Guild-Wars-Accounts-Their-Effect-on-Guild-Wars-2

Note: The directions say to follow the “link accounts” found on the left hand side. I just looked and noticed the link is found under the “Game Content” link of the account page.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Popdude.1678

I have found that page, but the link contained therein does not seem to be functional, in that it takes me to my account page, but i can’t find any other links in the current version. It is my belief that the whole system hasn’t been maintained and kept up to date with the changes made to the website. Of course, the other option is that im simply not seeing something, which is quite plausible. Thanks for taking the time though!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You caught me before the edit. It seems the instructions are a bit dated. The link to link accounts can be found at the bottom of the “Game Content” page once you login to your account page.

The Burninator

Popdude.1678

You caught me before the edit. It seems the instructions are a bit dated. The link to link accounts can be found at the bottom of the “Game Content” page once you login to your account page.

Awesome! i will try that now, thanks!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You may already have it, but it should be noted that you have to own Eye of the North to get access to the HoM and all that.

Popdude.1678

You may already have it, but it should be noted that you have to own Eye of the North to get access to the HoM and all that.

What sort of proof would there be on the account page to let me know i’m already linked?

I bought the platinum edition, which comes with base game and Eye of the North; is there a certain amount of prerequisite game completion i need first? it was my understanding that just linking the two accounts would give me three points, enough for the first three rewards

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think you need access to hall of monuments and possibly one tapestry. Im not 100 percent on that thougj

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think you need access to hall of monuments and possibly one tapestry. Im not 100 percent on that thougj

Correct, you have to have at least something in the HoM (something = tapestry).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Popdude.1678

Awesome! Thanks all!

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

If you find through this process that the steps on the gw1 wiki are out of date, please let us know.

P.S. I think the “How to” section is terribly useless at the moment, and I wish I could go through the process again to clean it up.

P.P.S. Come to think of it, it’s probably time for the “how to link accounts” section to migrate over to the gw2 wiki, but knowing what the actual steps are first is necessary…

G R E E N E R