Lion's Arch hidden area / daily loot chest

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: HyDraLiNsK.2470

HyDraLiNsK.2470

I know a lot of us might already be aware, but I figured I would make a post about it because actually doing this for the journey alone is amazing. Such an awesome feature that the devs added little puzzles and mysteries like this into the game. It really shows their determination to make this game unlike most MMOs. Not only do you have a HUGE world, map completions, quest lines, pvp, etc, but there are also several little surprises like this one yielding loot chests!

So what you want to do is go to Lion’s Arch, and in the south east corner of the map there is a vista in the mountains. What you do is head south east and find the small house there. Go around to the right side of it and you will see bails of hay. Jump over the railing and climb the hay until you are on the roof. Jump down, but don’t be fooled by the misleading hay stacks to your left – head right, and find a hidden hole in the wall!

One you’re through, head left and go up the grassy hill hugging the left side so you don’t slip, and find another hidden hole in the wall at the top of the hill. (Just walk into the wall, and strafe left until you see an opening) Once through, you can climb the rocks to get to the vista. But the REAL treasure, is what’s behind the vista!!

A hidden pirate’s treasure cave! I won’t spoil too much from here because the thrill of actually figuring it out is awesome as well, but long story short, you will venture through a series of jumps, darkness, treachery, and illusionary walls on your way to recover the pirate’s booty! After you finish the area, you are rewarded with a small loot chest that SCAILS with your level (they all do) and is reset I believe every 24 hours or so. So you can get it, gain a few levels, come back, take it again, and the loot will be better because you are a higher level!

There are no enemies in this whole area, so relax and focus as you get through the challenges ahead!! Enjoy

“This rose has thorns…. here they are!!”

Posted by: ArtifexDominus.8675

ArtifexDominus.8675

I am so excited i’m trembling right now… I NEED TO PLAY NOW! This is why I love this game….

OK… so I’m not trembling, but you get the point

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

There’s actually three of those in Lions Arch, and more in other locations.

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

HyDraLiNsK.2470

I am so excited i’m trembling right now… I NEED TO PLAY NOW! This is why I love this game….

OK… so I’m not trembling, but you get the point

Haha I’m glad!

Yeah I did it last night so I figured I’d post it here in case people didn’t know about it yet

Posted by: ArtifexDominus.8675

ArtifexDominus.8675

There’s actually three of those in Lions Arch, and more in other locations.

foams at the mouth and falls out of his chair

seriously….

Posted by: Willard.2873

Willard.2873

Why did you have to go and post something like that while I am at work…have you no sympathy for those of us at work, almost drooling as we are reading about stuff like this, so close to be able to play the game yet so far away because work does not permit it….

HyDraLiNsK.2470

Yeah one of them is jumping into a vine and finding a hidden character. I’m gonna do that when I get home <3 I love this game…..

….. and all of you!

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Yea I guess I will have to… stop WvWing… to try these out.

Eventually. ;-)

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

HyDraLiNsK.2470

Why did you have to go and post something like that while I am at work…have you no sympathy for those of us at work, almost drooling as we are reading about stuff like this, so close to be able to play the game yet so far away because work does not permit it….

hahaha. Because I am at work and cannot play either, so I figured I’d P.O a few of you as well so I’m not alone :P

ecwoodrow.7034

Yea I guess I will have to… stop WvWing… to try these out.

Eventually. ;-)

There’s some in the WvW areas too.

Posted by: Kosmos.3907

Kosmos.3907

I’m going to have to try this later after work :P Lion’s Arch is one of my favorite cities in the game due to it being a central trading hub/waypoint area.

Posted by: fizgig.1403

fizgig.1403

I jumped into that cave a few days ago and it killed me, there’s like a ghost talking when you get the vista and a little animation. I jumped in where the animation went and it gave me the defeated animation and I had to go back to a waypoint.

What’s the trick?

Posted by: Shy Of Day.7259

Shy Of Day.7259

buddy of mine did that puzzle last night says its amazing the pirate screws with you the whole time.. so epic

ecwoodrow.7034

There’s a sweet spot. I don’t wanna say it at the risk of spoiling it for others, but I’m sure there’s youtube videos out there. You can also kinda “cheat” and have someone at the bottom revive you if you can’t get it.

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Trick is not to jump right in, instead try to slide down the edge step by step until u get to an uncontrollable free fall, where you should land safty in water. That or jump with a bunch of people and hope one of them makes it and res the rest.

Posted by: DABhand.2079

DABhand.2079

Just had to say this to the OP for that one…

Attachments:

HyDraLiNsK.2470

What’s the trick?

Well without spoiling it too much, there are several rock “teeth” along the way that will kill you if you hit them. At the very bottom, right before the drop into the water, there is a row of “teeth”. (just like the bottom row in your mouth) The trick is, to the right there is a “gap” in the teeth. You have to land in that gap or you die

Basically, if you look at the visible “tooth” you can see before you jump in, that is the thickness of most of them. The sweet spot is one “tooth” over from the right. So you want to end up about a half inch from the right wall.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Posted by: Blighton.6425

Blighton.6425

that was so awsome just completed it

Tip:

Light effects from torch’s Offhand or Light emitting spells help alot in a certain room. failed while saw some people behind me waiting there.

brought out a torch rest was easy and saw the people waiting doing the same after, lol

(edited by Blighton.6425)

ecwoodrow.7034

Yeah, I used my flame thrower for that part.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Just did this and it was incredibly awesome! LOVED the pirate taunting me all the way through! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Also did the Troll Garden in Lion’s Arch .. was fun too

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

that was so awsome just completed it

Tip:

Light effects from torch’s Offhand or Light emitting spells help alot in a certain room. failed while saw some people behind me waiting there.

brought out a torch rest was easy and saw the people waiting doing the same after, lol

There’s also a torch you can pick up there that’s lying over to the right on the ground as you come into that area. Helped a lot, but use the burn ground .. lights up the whole room .. others there thanked me for getting it lol

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

I’ve just completed it and it was beyond fantastic! It had the mood of Goonies, totally epic Haven’t seen anything as elaborate in any MMO yet! I’m going to do it often

Funny thing, at first I was running like a blind bat in the dark part, then I saw some other guy using his fire spells to light the way, and slapped my head – I had a flamethrower!

Posted by: RoosterBrewster.2183

RoosterBrewster.2183

Is it just me or does the camera get stuck way too often in those narrow spaces? It took me about an hour and half to get through as a Norn just because my camera would get stuck in the walls and wouldn’t allow me to turn or move.

Posted by: Blighton.6425

Blighton.6425

There’s also a torch you can pick up there that’s lying over to the right on the ground as you come into that area. Helped a lot, but use the burn ground .. lights up the whole room .. others there thanked me for getting it lol

yea picked it up but it went out and he said i was cheating, thats what gave me the idea to use the one i had as an offhand

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

yeah, this is a fun one. Did it last week.

Don’t know if it was mentioned but there is also a karma vendor at the end with lvl 40 karma weapons.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

Posted by: jmcsoccergirl.5314

jmcsoccergirl.5314

I’m stuck in some water or something between 2 walls and I’m completely unable to do anything. How do I get out of this?

Posted by: someshta.3809

someshta.3809

I know a lot of us might already be aware, but I figured I would make a post about it because actually doing this for the journey alone is amazing. Such an awesome feature that the devs added little puzzles and mysteries like this into the game. It really shows their determination to make this game unlike most MMOs. Not only do you have a HUGE world, map completions, quest lines, pvp, etc, but there are also several little surprises like this one yielding loot chests!

So what you want to do is go to Lion’s Arch, and in the south east corner of the map there is a vista in the mountains. What you do is head south east and find the small house there. Go around to the right side of it and you will see bails of hay. Jump over the railing and climb the hay until you are on the roof. Jump down, but don’t be fooled by the misleading hay stacks to your left – head right, and find a hidden hole in the wall!

One you’re through, head left and go up the grassy hill hugging the left side so you don’t slip, and find another hidden hole in the wall at the top of the hill. (Just walk into the wall, and strafe left until you see an opening) Once through, you can climb the rocks to get to the vista. But the REAL treasure, is what’s behind the vista!!

A hidden pirate’s treasure cave! I won’t spoil too much from here because the thrill of actually figuring it out is awesome as well, but long story short, you will venture through a series of jumps, darkness, treachery, and illusionary walls on your way to recover the pirate’s booty! After you finish the area, you are rewarded with a small loot chest that SCAILS with your level (they all do) and is reset I believe every 24 hours or so. So you can get it, gain a few levels, come back, take it again, and the loot will be better because you are a higher level!

There are no enemies in this whole area, so relax and focus as you get through the challenges ahead!! Enjoy

There are tons of these in the game Enjoy: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jumping_puzzle