Locations: What's a [D]?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Q:

When checking a guild roster I’ve seen a few people who are listed as being on a different server – but more recently I’ve noticed some of those server names are tagged with [D] and some aren’t. What’s the significance of that letter, if anyone worked it out? Somehow I don’t think it’s guesting, but I can’t be sure.

Only thing I do know is it seems to be somewhat unDocumented

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

A:

[D] is typically World vs World. It should be something like [Kaineng [D]], which is what happens in WvW. I don’t know the specifics of it, but when you do enter WvW, you’re in a [D]’ed world.

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

Could it be it’s a German server, so short for Deutsch?

Some thought provoking quote

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s not a language tag, they say [DE], [FR] or [SP] and are only on certain servers.

I’m not sure what the [D] tag means but so far all I’ve been able to work out is that it’s nothing to do with language and seems to be person specific rather than server specific. A few times my guild have had 2 people on the same server and one had the [D] tag and one didn’t.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

OK. Does it mean you’re playing WvW for that world, as opposed to in their borderlands or something like that? I would assume so.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

No, it’s simply “you’re in WvW”. I am in Northern Shiverpeaks and I have never, ever been in the world named “Northern Shiverpeaks [D]”

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if you are guesting on another server and you enter wvw, you enter it on your home server’s team.