Logging In invisible.

Logging In invisible.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jshawd.8174

Jshawd.8174

At one point, I could have swore that I saw an option when logging in to “Log in as Invisible.” Maybe I’m mistaken. I would like the option to be able to log in sometimes and not be viewable by anyone on my friends list. Anyone know if this is an option?

Thank you in advance.

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Jshawd.8174

Jshawd.8174

Disregard. Answered my own question. Once logged in, went to friends list, clicked the drop down arrow next to my name, and selected Invisible.

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

You can change your status on your social screen (Y by default) at any time. If you turn yourself Invisible before logging out, when you next log in you will remain Invisible.

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Eridian.3187

Eridian.3187

Yeah, on the character select screen, upper left corner (or hit Y) and you can change your status there before logging in.

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Pinkerbelle.7260

Pinkerbelle.7260

You can change your status on your social screen (Y by default) at any time. If you turn yourself Invisible before logging out, when you next log in you will remain Invisible.

That’s not working for me.

Everytime I log back in, I’m visible.

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

At one point, I could have swore that I saw an option when logging in to “Log in as Invisible.” Maybe I’m mistaken. I would like the option to be able to log in sometimes and not be viewable by anyone on my friends list. Anyone know if this is an option?

Thank you in advance.

I know people already answered your question, you do it under the Social screen. But you are not crazy, they did used to give you the option to do this in beta. Before they created the launcher, you had a log in screen in the game itself (a la WoW). There you could choose from a drop down like the one in the Friend’s list to make yourself invisible, but it occurred before you even logged into the game. I’m not sure if there’s any way to get back to that screen at this point (is there some sort of “Log Out” option on Character Select that would take you there? I haven’t looked).

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: silor.5034

silor.5034

There is an option at character select to do this, you can access the friends list there, uper left just like in game, not shure if it shows you in game as loged on but only by your acount name or not untill you set it to invisible.
they need to change it back so if I log out invisible that remains when I log back in and stays that way untill I choose to change it.

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Aurna.8370

Aurna.8370

Thank you in advance.

I know people already answered your question, you do it under the Social screen. But you are not crazy, they did used to give you the option to do this in beta. Before they created the launcher, you had a log in screen in the game itself (a la WoW). There you could choose from a drop down like the one in the Friend’s list to make yourself invisible, but it occurred before you even logged into the game. I’m not sure if there’s any way to get back to that screen at this point (is there some sort of “Log Out” option on Character Select that would take you there? I haven’t looked).

I remember that screen and would like to see it back. At the moment when you use the friends list option to go invisible (once logged in and looking at your characters) it’s already announced you as online to anyone that has you as a friend, and shows you as online in your guild. When you change it to invisible, you then ‘go offline’ again, I had people mailing me to see if I had been hacked, not quite what you want when trying to grab some solo time >.<

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Six months have passed, but still no option to log in as invisible. I believe they had this option in Beta, is it that hard to put it back?

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Six months have passed, but still no option to log in as invisible. I believe they had this option in Beta, is it that hard to put it back?

Bump

I’d like my status to be invisible when I re-log back into the game…

Vouch this indeed necessary, and it shouldn’t be hard… Oh wait, Anet can’t make a half way decent Trading Post, never mind.

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Dezert Stormz.7248

Dezert Stormz.7248

Why would you even want to? Give me some good reasons?

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

Gold Sellers

Top left corner of the character select screen, the icon looks like 3 people, you can set yourself to invisible there, before entering the game proper.

(edited by Erich.1783)

Logging In invisible.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

And sometimes people just want to play without socializing with friends on that day. Or maybe there is someone clingy they don’t want to play with just right then.