Looking for RPing servers (besides TC)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: LoudIntrovert.5372

LoudIntrovert.5372

I’m a pretty big roleplayer in fantasy MMORPGs, and Guild Wars 2 is just a perfect setting for it. I’ve done some searching for where the bulk of RP activity is, and to my dismay the unofficial roleplaying server Tarnished Coast is full, and transferring there is looking to be more difficult than sneaking by a charr bouncer. So I’m wondering if there are any other NA worlds that have a large, dedicated roleplaying community?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Try transferring at different days of the week and even times of day, several friends that regularly transfer tell me success varies based on current levels of activity on the server

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Unless you are concerned about WvW, it doesn’t really matter what server you chose as this game has Megaservers.

The game puts people from different servers on the same map shards. It will try to prioritize friends/party members/guildies/server onto the same map shard but other than that, everyone is thrown together.

This means you can join any server and, except for WvW, you can play with anyone in the same data group. You can be on any NA server and be in a TC roleplaying guild and play with them. To find a TC role playing guild you can check the forum Looking for or try guesting to the TC server and see if the game puts you on a shard that has other role players and ask in map chat about a guild (try doing that on whatever server you choose also as there is likely to be role playing people on whatever shard you land on).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Another resource is guildwars2roleplaying.com.

(Transferring to a full server is more a matter of persistence: try 1-2x whenever you have a few minutes to spare, e.g. before/after breakfast, just before shutting down for the night, etc.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: AriaSilverfyre.8702

AriaSilverfyre.8702

Also try looking through http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com

You’ll be able to find people to RP with along with a wide variety of other RP related resources.

Guild Leader of ’"The Gryphons Aerie [REST]": A PvE/RP family
Join Us – http://www.thegryphonsaerie.com

Posted by: LoudIntrovert.5372

LoudIntrovert.5372

Unless you are concerned about WvW, it doesn’t really matter what server you chose as this game has Megaservers.

The game puts people from different servers on the same map shards. It will try to prioritize friends/party members/guildies/server onto the same map shard but other than that, everyone is thrown together.

This means you can join any server and, except for WvW, you can play with anyone in the same data group. You can be on any NA server and be in a TC roleplaying guild and play with them. To find a TC role playing guild you can check the forum Looking for or try guesting to the TC server and see if the game puts you on a shard that has other role players and ask in map chat about a guild (try doing that on whatever server you choose also as there is likely to be role playing people on whatever shard you land on).

Well, this is very good news. I think I’ll give this a shot. Thanks!

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

Since megaservers were introduced, server only matters for WvW. LoudIntrovert has given good advice. You can also try these Tarnished Coast forum to try and hook up with a TC based RP guild or players.

http://forthetoast.com/
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewforum/1198772

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Per above, unless you plan to WvW for TC, you are better off pursuing a RP GUILD you like and joining them. Home server does not really matter any longer.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances