Looking for class help

Looking for class help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: VandreadGT.8461

VandreadGT.8461

Hello, I am trying to find a class that has a battlemage feel to it. Kind of like playing a melee range mage in ESO. I want to deal dps or be more support based. Please help me i know this isnt much to go on and i am interested in more pve content then i am pvp

Looking for class help

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I don’t know what exactly “battlemage” means to you, and have not played ESO, but a Druid has a ranged attack with support. Elite form of Ranger.

Remember that other than high-end content like raids, dedicated support is unnecessary.

Looking for class help

Posted by: VandreadGT.8461

VandreadGT.8461

Melee range and have skills that look magical in nature i guess and thank you for your reply

Looking for class help

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

All professions can fit that bill. Elementalist with daggers, Ranger with a melee weapon, even Mesmer with swords.

You have five character slots, so start creating characters to see what they are like. If you have the insta-80 boost, you can use that to test out professions with all skills unlocked without having to commit to any one.

Maybe someone with ESO experience will come along and offer something more specific.

Looking for class help

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Sorry to sound blunt, but virtually any class is capable of that. Even a Warrior (the stereotypical heavy armor guy) eventually gets to a point where he get’s a reddish aura and shoots out fireballs when he swings his word.

This game is different from most MMO’s as every class is capable of filling every role in a team dynamic. Mileage tends to vary though depending on the game mode. E.G. I wouldn’t want my Elementalist to tank in a raid, but I will happily have him bunker a control point in PvP.

What would be more helpful for us to help you decide is the mechanics of what you are looking for in a class.

• Damage: Direct direct or DoT’s (which we call conditions).
  • Support: The two major branches here: increase team members’ outgoing damage (offensive) or diminish incoming damage through damage mitigation and healing (Defensive)

Control is technically the third role and that’s all about keeping the enemies in line while your team wails on them.

Ultimately, I find that players generally pick their classes based on the mechanic the class revolves around.

Looking for class help

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Hello, I am trying to find a class that has a battlemage feel to it. Kind of like playing a melee range mage in ESO. I want to deal dps or be more support based. Please help me i know this isnt much to go on and i am interested in more pve content then i am pvp

Give dagger/dagger elementalist a try.

Looking for class help

Posted by: MachineManXX.9746

MachineManXX.9746

Give dagger/dagger elementalist a try.

From the sounds of it, I would second this.

Looking for class help

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’d suggest Guardian. Sure, the fire is blue, but they have a lot of magic and martial ability going for them. While mace is more cleric than battlemage, the Sword lets you teleport and shoot swordbeams, and the shield can project a forcefield or bash with a wave. You can also set stuff on fire.

Looking for class help

Posted by: Keltan.1827

Keltan.1827

Ditto on guardian, especially with scepter/focus and sword/shield.

Looking for class help

Posted by: Kir Sakar.3647

Kir Sakar.3647

I don’t know ESO, but I feel that Mesmer (the chronomancer elite specialization with sword/shield) sounds very much like what you describe.

In higher organized group content, the class is used mainly in a unique support role, buffing your party’s damage by giving quickness and alacrity (and sometimes for tanking, since you have a lot of ways of active damge mitigation with mesmer). I find it a ton of fun, and it really feels like a light-armor warrior with lots fancy purple animations and sounds.

Elementalist is the other obvious option. However, I never played deggar/deggar Ele in PvE. I feel since the class has less evades/blocks/invulns, it is not possible to snug up to a boss in the way you can with a mesmer(?).

Charr Chronomancer | Asura Tempest | Charr Druid | Charr Guardian
(Seafarer’s Rest, EU)