Loot Type and Class

Loot Type and Class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Does your class effect your loot type? If I hope to get more salvageable cloth pieces, should I be opening bags, chests, containers with a character that can wear cloth?

Edit: I mean, I know I get a little of everything, but will it be weighted towards things I can use, and if so, how significantly?

Loot Type and Class

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is weighted, but, as far as I can tell, and from posters, very insignificantly. It seems the only thing that affects opening containers significantly is the level of the character.

Loot Type and Class

notebene.3190

Thank you. I had a 20th level character sitting around that I leveled up to 45 to get some linen and wool, but she’s a Warrior, and while it seems like I got a fair amount compared to other things, I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing out on too much with her not being a cloth wearer.

Loot Type and Class

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Level only changes what tier of materials you get out. If you want to really min/max profit from salvaging stuff you can open boxes on characters at a specific level to get whatever the most valuable tier of materials is … but who cares, it’s not enough profit to justify the effort.

Loot Type and Class

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I get far more leather on my medium class than my light class. I also get a lot more silk on my light class.
My heavies seem a bit more balanced.

Prior to HoT they made a change for things to be weighted in favour of which armour class you are on and it does noticeably make a difference for me at least.

Loot Type and Class

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Loot is weighted (armor) and weapons are caster, ranged, blunt or sharp. While there is no directed table, loot table is favored to what you can use.
Eg. A ranger will 2 bows before a hammer, and 2 leather armors before a chainmail. To put it roughly

Loot Type and Class

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I get far more leather on my medium class than my light class. I also get a lot more silk on my light class.
My heavies seem a bit more balanced.

Prior to HoT they made a change for things to be weighted in favour of which armour class you are on and it does noticeably make a difference for me at least.

How did you measure “far more leather”? Any time I’ve attempted to count over 50 drops (mostly using PvP chests that simulate loot), I’ve not been able to see the difference.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Loot Type and Class

notebene.3190

I guess maybe I should make a cloth wearer and level up to 45 to open some bags if I’m hoping for some more linen and cotton then. :/

Loot Type and Class

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have two mid-level characters (50 – 60) that I open Champion Bags on regularly. One is a Medium class Profession, and one is a Heavy Class Profession. I can tell no difference between the two as far as what drops from the bags.

Still, the 1 – 3% (might it even be 5%?) difference may offer a few more Linen and/or Cotton Scraps.

Best of luck.