Loss of armour.clothing, weapons EVERYTHING

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: EzCoGhostRider.8390

EzCoGhostRider.8390

Q:

Logged into game, all my clothes,money weapons, everything I have collected for all my characters are gone. What has happened?

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Your account is probably being used for botting and you got lucky they didn’t change your password, you should probably do that now though.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

1. Change your password. To something you have never used, anywhere, before.

2. Contact support and see if they can roll back your account. They’ll do it once for each person if they’ve been hacked (Which it sounds like you have). It’s basically a system restore on your account – you’ll get back the stuff you lost but also lose any progress or new items made since the last time a restore point was created. But that won’t be much and it’s better than losing everything.

(Also if you’ve got a personal guild bank that won’t be included in the roll back, anything gone from there is gone forever.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

EzCoGhostRider.8390

Have changed password still no good. GW1 and GW2 accounts linked, everything fine in GW1 But everything still missing in GW2

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Changing your password wasn’t supposed to bring your stuff back. It was supposed to stop the hacker/gold seller who had access to your account from taking anything else.

What’s happened is that a hacker/gold seller has gotten your email address and (old) password, logged into your account and taken everything you had. They will have either sold it to get gold to send to people who buy it illegally through gold selling websites or sold the items themselves through their website.

They may also have been using your account for botting or gold selling which would eventually get them (and you) banned.

There’s a few ways that could have happened but they basically all come down to them finding your email address and password online somewhere. Either you used a very common password that they’ll always try (like ‘password’ or ‘letmein’ or your account name) or you used the same/a very similar password for something else. If you want more information there’s some good advice in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Account-Security-What-you-need-to-know

Hopefully you’ve changed your password to something you’ve never used before and which they won’t be able to guess (if you changed it from something like ‘letmein1’ to ‘letmein2’ you may as well have kept it the same) which means they no longer have access to your account and cannot do any more damage.

But as I said that won’t get your stuff back. What you need to do now is contact GW2 Support via the links at the top or bottom of this page, let them know your account was hacked and you lost everything but that is now back in your control and ask for a roll-back.

That will reset your account to a point before it was hacked. You will get back everything you had but lose anything you gained since then. (So don’t bother spending the time in between farming.)

This can only be done once per account, so after that make sure you stick to using a totally unique password.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

EzCoGhostRider.8390

I have all my money still, plus all my items for every character still in storage acc’s, all I am missing is my characters weapons and clothes