in Players Helping Players

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

Obama agrees and supports this post

Lost, Confused, New to Guild Wars 2?

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

haven’t seen any posts lately. I know you’re out there Don’t be shy.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

Posted by: chardes.4170

chardes.4170

Hi I’m new to GW2. I’ve spent the last few days going through the classes I like and I’m currently playing on the CD server with
IGN: Savreign Edengard
Current Level: 11
Race/Class: Sylvari Warrior

I’m also looking for people to play with/ Guild to join. Look for me online Mon-Sat. anytime after 3pm GMT

Foghladha.2506

Welcome kit sent Chardes!

Also be sure to check out my Guild Wars 2 101 Event You can score some extra toys by attending that

Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

Posted by: chardes.4170

chardes.4170

Thank you so much for helping me out

Posted by: LakeOfTears.2390

LakeOfTears.2390

hello,ive just recently started playing and saw this thread. id like some pointers and whatnot and friends

Posted by: Beda Zzle.5281

Beda Zzle.5281

Hi LakeOfTears! I’m not part of Fogs group but I am always online by 7pm (EST) and If I can help I like to. I am not a PRO player but my Asura is friendly enough although a bit snarky at times. Look for Kaami Kaazi… if you or anyone needs or wants help with anything… She isn’t too good at pvp though sorry…

Posted by: MrSaxon.5206

MrSaxon.5206

I currently have about one hour of play under my belt (started earlier this week but haven’t had much time since) and would love one of your welcome packs!

Posted by: Dantris.9317

Dantris.9317

I played GW2 during beta and at release, and just redownloaded it to check things out. I am completely lost. I wanted to start fresh on a new server, so I deleted all of my characters on my current server (as I read somewhere that you can transfer servers for free provided you delete all your characters – apparently you can’t transfer for free any more – I deleted all of my toons and it says I can transfer if i pay 500 gems). At any rate, if you could send me one of your beginner packs, I would be incredibly greatful (I do have more than 1000AP, which i believe is one of your criteria for ‘new players’, so if you do not decide to send me one i completely understand).

Thanks!!

Foghladha.2506

Dantris.9317, MrSaxon.5206, and LakeOfTears.2390 You have mail Enjoy!

Foghladha.2506

anyone else need a welcome kit

Posted by: Fratstar.2140

Fratstar.2140

I would love a start kit ????

Posted by: Mordaredrom.9162

Mordaredrom.9162

I’m having the same problem that Dantris , started again and I am completely lost , I will start from I’m having the same problem that Dantris , started again and I am completely lost , I will start from scratch and try to learn to play again.

Foghladha.2506

Fratstar.2140 & Mordaredrom.9162 You have mail waiting for you Enjoy!

Posted by: Ahyas.4573

Ahyas.4573

I’m new to guild wars 2 (under an hour actually), and I would love a starter kit to help me out. I also wouldn’t mind having someone to talk to.

Posted by: davpatgan.4567

davpatgan.4567

Hi, I’ve been playing gw2 for about 2months now and have got my main character to level 80 so from posts I’ve read I don’t think I need a welcome pack. I would like to congratulate you for the help and advice that you give. I have Just one question – is there any legitimate, legal and moral way to get gems without spending real money? I ask because I am a 71 year old pensioner and don’t want to spend real money on games unless I have to. I wanted to get gw2 at launch but the computer I had then would not have run it, so I’ve saved until I could get a new one. Not looking for handouts or anything, just advice.

Foghladha.2506

Certainly. To get Gems you just need to open up the Trading Post and click on the second tab on the left. Thats the currency exchange. In the Currency Exchange you can exchange gold for gems on a sliding scale. This is how I get most of my gems. I only buy them when theres something I need quickly.

Gold is fairly easy to come by at level 80. You can do the boss rotation (see: http://gsch.info/gw2bosses) or join us for one of our weekly public guild missions & tequatl runs . At the SORC missions event you’ll get at minimum 4 gold (2 in cash, 2+ worth of rares) + 6 guild commendations you can use to buy ascended gear.

Lastly the easiest and best way to earn cash i’ve found is in linen. Farming linen in the level 50 areas is a great way to make fast cash. It’s the most valuable of the raw materials you can farm and all you need is a place where humanoids spawn.

Running dungeons can also be a good source of cash. I would say between the daily boss rotation, weekly guild missions, and linen farming you could have more than enough to get some gems in no time.

Foghladha.2506

Forgot to mention how to turn Rare (Yellow) items into gold. You can list them on the TP. You can either quick sell for less money or your can use match the lowest price (right column) and then reduce the price by 1 copper to become the lowest price. This will typically sell in less than a day. Same trick works for materials.

Foghladha.2506

Ahyas.4573 you have mail

Posted by: davpatgan.4567

davpatgan.4567

Thank you very much for the help and the hints on how to get gold, I look forward to maybe seeing you in game although I usually play solo as I find the chat very distracting.

Foghladha.2506

I’ll be out of game tomorrow but will be back on thursday. Have fun all!

Posted by: doctorbj.6357

doctorbj.6357

Hello to you and a big thank you in advance!
I am just starting out in this game, although experienced in MMO’s in general.
As it happens i am 71+ so anything new is great at my age LOL.

I would very much appreciate a welcome kit. I’ve played one character up to level 7 yesterday and it really is a different type of MMO.

I would assume a guild invite could be obtained once in game?

In any event thank you for what you are doing again.

Barry

Posted by: Marean Lumia.8601

Marean Lumia.8601

i dont really care bout items or the like im more after knowledge and a person that is kind and can put up with me asking like a ton of questions or the like. oh and be a friend. as i find it is quite hard to find people who would truely like me because how i am. hope to hear form you soon

~Marean

Foghladha.2506

Greetings, doctorbj.6357 & Marean Lumia.8601 You both have welcome kits waiting for you in your mailbox Enjoy! and Welcome to Guild Wars 2!

Foghladha.2506

Bump for the new folk!

Posted by: ThePlague.5426

ThePlague.5426

Hi there. It’s great that you’re helping out the gaming community!

I’m not after a welcome pack (other people I’m sure need it much more than me, thanks though).

What I’m after is for someone or a few people to play the game through with where we can work together, help each other out and then ideally once I know enough about Guild Wars 2 I would like to then go on to help other players. I don’t know if anyone that’s posted on this thread looking for people to join would be interested in all teaming up?

There’s nothing worse than getting excited about a game, buying it, getting onto it and then sitting in front of the screen completely baffled by 95% of things on it.

I’m completely confused when I play Guild Wars 2 and I get to portals or try doing WvW and can’t see teammates on the map, PvP, getting around the map (like what locations are for what, who etc and again…..PORTALS), my build etc.

My highest lvl char is lvl 22 so I’ve not done much so I’ll be in the same boat as you guys

Thanks

Posted by: OhSnapitsMikel.5283

OhSnapitsMikel.5283

I am new player and I would like one of those starter packs to get to know this game.

Foghladha.2506

ThePlague.5426 & OhSnapitsMikel.5283 you have mail. Plague, reach out to me in game, I’d be happy to answer your questions

Posted by: jassking.7934

jassking.7934

Hey new player here, I have a guild that’s trying to help me learn the ropes but more help is always needed :p

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

No need for a welcome Kit for me, just wanted to ask why this isn’t stickied? Seems like a great thing and it seems to be something youd want to support by a stickie tag

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

Foghladha.2506

Thanks Horus, it’s ok, me coming back once in a while to bump it lets you guys know i’m still out here welcoming people. I don’t mind.

Jassking, I’ll get you a welcome kit when I get back from PAX Prime. If anyone is at PAX Prime and wants to meet me look for the Gaiscioch Jersey on the floor sunday. 4 of us will be wearing them and I’m the shorter dark & silver haired fellow. Or you can come join us for a pint at Fado’s Irish Pub Sunday Night at 9PM if you like. Bunch of us will be hanging out there jamming out with some of the local Irish Music performers. Great times all around

Posted by: Dragon Wrangler.5398

Dragon Wrangler.5398

I could use a welcome package, alongside any help you can give regarding leveling

Posted by: Tantrika.2840

Tantrika.2840

Hello. Thanks for what you are doing for the community!

I am also a returning player and would love a welcome kit since last time I played I think I quit at level 15 or something? I honestly don’t even remember but didn’t have anything significant Now that the expansion is coming I want to give this game a try again and would appreciate the help.

Anyway, thanks!

Edit: The game just finished downloading; it turns out I have leveled one character to 40!

(edited by Tantrika.2840)

Foghladha.2506

jassking.7934 & Dragon Wrangler.5398 you have mail

Tantrika.2840 You’re a little higher than what my kit is designed for. Do you have any low level alts you like playing?

Posted by: Tantrika.2840

Tantrika.2840

Hey there

Yes, I started anew since I remember nothing from that character (obviously I forgot even its existence).

My new mesmer is sitting proudly at level 10 right now It is ok if I don’t get the kit I think, I have 2 gold (yaay, rich? ) and some basic gathering and salvage tools so I should be ok.

I have to say, leveling definitely changed though. The road to lvl 10 felt much easier compared to past. Don’t know what changed exactly, but I remember it being painful. It is much smoother now.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your contribution to community. Seeing kindness online is also a very good surprise.

Wish you the best.

Foghladha.2506

I’ll be roaming the lower level zones tonight leading a low level boss hunt! Feel free to join me! Look for the purple tag or PM foghladha.2506 for an invite to the party. We form up at 4PM PT! (9/2)

Posted by: DMT.1243

DMT.1243

Just saw this at Fire Elemental and am interested.

Foghladha.2506

You have mail DMT

Foghladha.2506

New players, if you’d like a welcome kit just send me an in game mail or whisper to Foghladha.2506. Happy to help!

Posted by: BillC.4521

BillC.4521

Hello, I just started playing for 2 months now and I would love to have the welcome pack.
Thanks!!

Foghladha.2506

Bill, You have a welcome kit waiting for ya

Foghladha.2506

I know theres a lot of new players out there shoot me a message in game at Foghladha.2506 if you need a kit. Happy to make more

Posted by: Valarauko.7481

Valarauko.7481

New player here. I’ve read through some of this but wanted more info on ways to level. Seems it’s going real slow. I think I’m doing it wrong. Builds also kind of confusing. I am reading more on here for help.

Foghladha.2506

You have mail Valarauko. Enjoy!

Foghladha.2506

Going to be out and about in a few minutes. Does anyone need a Welcome Kit while i’m on?

Posted by: finster.7301

finster.7301

This is most useful. ty!

Foghladha.2506

You have mail (in an awesome impression of his AOL voice). Enjoy finster

Posted by: Silk.2906

Silk.2906

Like many others, I’m a returning player that hasn’t logged on for quite a long time and find myself lost with all the changes that have occurred. I’d appreciate any helpful info and guidance. Thank you for all your time spent helping new/returning players.

Foghladha.2506

Silk you have mail waiting for you.

As a side note, I’ll be traveling on business for the next week so I wont be able to send any welcome kits. But be sure to reply to this message with your Character Class and Level and I’ll see if I can shoot you off something when I return! Have fun everyone!

Posted by: Bermuda.5478

Bermuda.5478

Hey guys,

I started 2 weeks ago, still feeling pretty lost, lv61 at the moment, I just quest non stop as I’m enjoying the quest system GW2.
Leveled all classes to lv20 and decided to go with Engi, I believe its the hardest class to play and I’m struggling at the moment but I’m loving the versatility and also cant wait for scrapper come out !
IGN: Mind Infection
I tried doing dungeons, but most of the people were not very helpful, some even rude…
I dropped the idea of doing dungeons completely as their behaviour demotivated me to learn it…
Anyway, it is really nice what you are doing here for the community !
All the best !