Lost, Confused, New to Guild Wars 2?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

Just doing my rounds Welcome new people!

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

Foghladha.2506

Bermuda.5478, what level is your Engi? I can throw something together that’s useful for them

Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

Posted by: Niioxce.8103

Niioxce.8103

Im fairly new (lvl.30 warrior) and i would like a starter kit
Thank you for doing this by the way.

(edited by Niioxce.8103)

Posted by: Ruffsta.3608

Ruffsta.3608

New player here, This game is awesome. Kind of scary in this big world of GW2.

Foghladha.2506

Sorry for the delay, hopefully it’s still useful. Niioxce and Ruffsta you both have mail. Enjoy!

Posted by: vanillexhope.2043

vanillexhope.2043

Can I ask a few questions about your guild as a returning player but still lost and confused at times?

- How big is your guild? From your website, it appears you have several “guilds” or “branches” of the same guild. The new player one, about how many active members are there?

- Do you “prune” out inactive members? What’s the inactivity threshold?

- How active is your voice chat when you aren’t doing any scheduled events? Are there a ton of people in one room? Do you have multiple rooms for various uses?

- Will you be raiding?

- I’m on a different server. Would I have to transfer to even try your guild? Or does GW2 let you join guilds cross server with limitations such as sharing maps. (for example could I access the chat while still being on a different server?)

Thank you for your time.

Foghladha.2506

Greetings Vanillexhope,
I will send you a private message about us. This post isn’t meant to be a recruitment avenue. I want to avoid turning it into one.

Foghladha.2506

Just checking in making sure all the new players are taken care of. See you all in Queensdael!

Foghladha.2506

Still sending welcome kits. Ping me if ya could use one!

Posted by: Moondancer.3874

Moondancer.3874

Can you point me to someone i can talk to about elementalist specific questions the guides i have found are really not cutting it. I am still having real trouble in HoT and other places in the game.

Foghladha.2506

Unfortunately elementalist is one of the classes i have yet to explore. Ill ask around and see if any of the eles i know can help ya.

Posted by: tribble.9157

tribble.9157

Hi,
I stopped playing after 1 month and now I feel like getting back into the game again. Seeing this post makes me feel more hopeful about the game. Updating my patch now! See you all around!

Also would anyone mind recommending some classes to start with?
I didn’t do so well with thief.

(edited by tribble.9157)

Posted by: Shako.4685

Shako.4685

Greetings Foghladha…

Very pleased to see you taking the time to help out the community. I believe I remember Gaiscioch from DAoC and some other games, was even a member at one point. Think that was towards the end of my DAoC days. Very helpful guild in all aspects.

What server are you currently playing on?

I played the game when it first came out, have an account full of 80’s apparently. Just upped and purchased the expansion and made a new account so I could relearn all the basics. Have all my 80’s on Crystal Desert…
Blackgate is where I started for the WvWvW scene eventually.

Made 4 toons and at 7, 11, 25 and 27 levels I think. Not too late to relocate… Just curious, pretty much self sufficient in terms of items but “knowledge” is always the key…I am eager to relearn this game… A lot has changed.
Ranger, Necro, Guardian and a Revenant…
I will look into this GameVox voice program, normally have used Vent and TS…

Just wanted to say hi, thanks and appreciate the possibilities moving forward…

I see that a secret word is needed for your website and Forums…Would be glad to discuss that in a private message…

(edited by Shako.4685)

Posted by: Mostly Harmless.7046

Mostly Harmless.7046

This is such a sweet thing to do D’:

Im playing an asura mesmer and its a lot of fun, but kinda afraid I messed up as a first choice.. I die. A lot ha-ha. But I’m not giving up!
I’m not sure which content I should be doing, maybe I’m biting too much? Anyways, good luck in your endeavors! Sorry for bad English!

Foghladha.2506

Mostly Harmless: Mesmers are a ton of fun. I run a rather unconventional build, but as a commander in WvW and a Tank in Raids I can live through anything. My tip for any new mesmer is equip as much Toughness & Vitality gear as you can get your hands on. Find your grove and as you learn to dance then replace it with the stats you want to focus on. Unless you want to be a monster tank like me ;D.

My Spec is:
Chaos: 1, 2, 3
Inspiration: 3, 2, 3
Domination: 2, 2, 1
Weapons: Greatsword, Scepter/Focus
Gear Focus: Wei Qi (Ascended) Vitality, Toughness, Power

Skills: Signet of Ether, Blink, Null Field or Portal, Feedback, Signet of Humility (use when enemy is at 50% health, they usually run and die after that)

Power: 2,158
Toughness: 2,037
Vitality: 1,779
Precision: 1,320

Foghladha.2506

Shako, sent ya a PM

Foghladha.2506

tribble, Welcome kit sent your way enjoy!

Foghladha.2506

Ill be roaming queensdale tonight come say hi!

Posted by: Wukong.4970

Wukong.4970

Hello, im new here. Is it possible to have the welcome kit?

Foghladha.2506

You have mail Wukong Enjoy!

Foghladha.2506

Im gonna be away the next couple days for the holidays. Drop a line here and ill welcome kit ya when i get back. Merry Christmas everyone.

Foghladha.2506

Still sending welcome kits. Feel free to request one

Players with < 1000 Achievement Points Only Please
(My kit’s wont be useful for characters over 30)

Foghladha.2506

Been rather quiet lately. Anyone needing a welcome kit?

Posted by: varneylaw.5630

varneylaw.5630

I would like a welcome kit if possible please.

Foghladha.2506

You have mail Varneylaw

Foghladha.2506

still passing out kits if anyone needs one

Posted by: Pavlarian.4389

Pavlarian.4389

I would just like to congrats u. GW2 is a great game but with so many capabilities that one can be totally lost!!! PVE-WvW-sPVP-dungeons-fractals, each race can be do everything….
I am sure taht each new player defiantely needs a small help.
Keep up the good work

Brase Oriza(engi), Mikros Nikolas (Dr), B O Xelwnakos (mez), Sfaxtaroula(psW)