Low FPS....

Low FPS....

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ZtriDer.9573

ZtriDer.9573

I constantly see people running the game with 100fps+ (on low settings etc), and here is the problem.
I have an adequate machine (will post the stats further down) but for some reason I can’t get good fps.
If I put everything on maximum I get a stable 23-30 fps (even if 20 people gos aoe nuts). But if I put the game on maximum performance and minimum graphics I only manage to get 50 fps.

Anyone know what I need to do to boost the fps?

This is my stats:
CPU: Intel® Core i7-960 Processor.
Moather Board: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
RAM: 3x Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL9 (12GB total)
GPU: 2x XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 in CrossFire.
HD: 2x Corsair SSD Force Series GT 120GB in RAID 0

Lost where no man has been lost before!

Low FPS....

Posted by: Residual Jams.7294

Residual Jams.7294

try disabling the crossfire

Low FPS....

Posted by: ZtriDer.9573

ZtriDer.9573

Looks like I will have to try that. Thanks.

Lost where no man has been lost before!

Low FPS....

Posted by: Kharlus.3612

Kharlus.3612

Hello fellow Tyria explorer!

Don’t mind about 100+ fps.. if you manage to keep it around 40 ~ 60, you are just fine! You’ll see a difference between 30 and 60 fps for sure… its much more smoother… but above ~60’s you’ll see no difference at all.

I don’t know if you already did some fine tweaks on your GPU driver, but at least have a check on:

- Disable Vsync (vertical refresh) in your GPU and game (This should be used only if you got around 100 fps… that way you’ll reach your monitor refresh rate.. which is commonly 60 or 75 hertz);

- Disable AA (both in game and GPU driver);

- Try to lower shadows, according your taste of detail… in crowded areas figthing bosses or in WvW, the thing we practically don’t see at all is shadow detail;

- Lower shaders (IMO, high setting is too bright… and it’s a fps consumer);

I hope this helps your gameplay… every fps is worth for such a awesome world like GW2!

Best wishes!