Ls3 and HoT

Ls3 and HoT

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kitty.6219

Kitty.6219

Q:

I got a couple of questions, because many of my friends didn’t buy HoT when it launched, they are thinking about returning to the game before getting HoT, but my friends are asking me many questions that I do not know the answer.

Will the Living Story season 3 unlock like the previous Living Story? Do you need HoT to play the LSS3? Can you log in to unlock the LSS3 and then buy HoT at a later date?

Thanks in advance for any answer/help!

Ls3 and HoT

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

A:

Anet already said that you will need to have HoT to do LS3, since it’ll likely take place at least partially in the HoT zones. I don’t think they’ve said for sure yet how they’ll be releasing the episodes, but it seems like it will be another “Log in during this time, and you’ll unlock it for free” thing. As for if you can log in to unlock it before buying HoT, I’m not sure, but I’d imagine that wouldn’t work.

Ls3 and HoT

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

No you can’t log in to get each episode of LS3 and have LS2 unlocked.

Yes you will need HoT to play the LS3.

No one knows if you can log in and unlock LS3 without having HoT yet.

Ls3 and HoT

Kitty.6219

Thank you guys, I couldn’t find the official source myself that LS3 needs HoT, but seems to be heavily implied.

PyrateSilly, I didn’t ask if LS3 will unlock LS2, I asked if they will have the same unlock mechanics. Sorry if my wording wasn’t clear enough.

Ls3 and HoT

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

They did not unlock ls 1 when 2 came and i see no reason for them to unlock 2 when 3 comes. So to put it short, i would not count on getting it unlocked.
How ever there are no need to have done 1 and 2, this is mostly lore and trinkets and some other rewards that are good to have access too, but nothing that will stop you from moving in to ls 3.

Ls3 and HoT

Kitty.6219

Bump! My questions were answered here!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2s-living-world-returns-on-july-26/

TL;DR:

You MUST have HOT

Yes, it unlocks like LS Two.

Hooray!

Ls3 and HoT

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Bump! My questions were answered here!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2s-living-world-returns-on-july-26/

TL;DR:

You MUST have HOT

Yes, it unlocks like LS Two.

Hooray!

but your friends dont have to have hot to unlock, just need to login and then buy hot when ever and have it then.