Magic Find MF gear conflicting with build

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Scorpion.1286

Scorpion.1286

There are 2 MF (magic find) gears currently available if im not mistaken.
1. Power/Pres (craftable)]
2.Power Cond (available on the TP(trading post))

Crafted rings
Power/pres
Power Cond(if your lucky and get the recipe) if not u can get from the TP
Earrings same as above
Amulet same as above except the Halloween candy corn one which is actulally half cond half pres
Fractals
Rings available build types
1.Power/tough/vit 5% mf
2.Power/pres 10% mf

My character build preferred is power/tough/vit (engineer)

I love getting drops. In fact i spend most of my time searching/killing for drops. Be it dungeons or events.

My gripe is this:
I cannot successfully build my character appropriately and I’m confused.
I want the 10% MF ring from the fractals (not my build)
I want the MF from all those other items i listed above
Not my build
Not my build
Not my build.

I’m ready to buy a ring from the fractals ring vendor
Which one do i choose?
How much is enough MF
100%?
120%?

Lost in thought please help

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Please make sure to link your mf gear when you join a fractal group, so I may kick you from mine.

Scorpion.1286

Real men use MF gear but maybe your no good. I can play very well with what you seam to perceive as a handicap.

Anyways no trolls plz

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Real men use MF gear but maybe your no good. I can play very well with what you seam to perceive as a handicap.

Anyways no trolls plz

No not really, thats just an illusion in your head. You cannot play very well with MF gear because it makes everything you do less effective. You might think you play well, but infact you are more or less a liability to your group.

It’s straight out disrespectful to enter a group when you wear MF gear, the rest of the group needs to make up for your lack of support or damage, both of which you do kitten in MF gear.

No matter how you try and argue, MF gear will make you weaker than any other type of gear.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Galrond.5972

Galrond.5972

I can play very well with what you seam to perceive as a handicap.

MF blocks other attributes on items.
You lose a defensive attribute? You die easier.
You still manage to survive? Offensive stat instead of MF would increase your damage.

I could play naked and still play “very well”, whatever you mean with that, but I’m limiting my damage output and group support.

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

The stat reduction you get from using MF is significant (be it defensive or amount of damage you do). Like many others, I won’t group for fractals or even a dungeon if someone admits to wearing full MF gear. Why should a player get carried by the rest of the group so they can get better loot chances.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Would somebody just answer his question? He didn’t start this thread to hear people bash magic find. That argument is just beating a dead horse anyway, nobody’s going to agree. At any rate… the higher your MF, the higher chance you get of getting rare or exotic drops. However, farming Fractals, being inundated with persons such as above, may not be the best place to use it. The drop rate is pretty high in there from chests anyway. Personally, were I you I’d go with power/pres because condition damage is based on whether your attack has inflicted a condition or not.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Scorpion.1286

I didnt build the design. i didnt ask for MF to be added.
I will continue to use MF or not either its there or they make it disappear. I would love for it to go.
If you read what i wrote i stated " My character build preferred is power/tough/vit (engineer)"
I cannot successfully build my character appropriately and I’m confused.

Im forced fo use MF because i want drops drops droppi drops drops .. Get it?

Sweet now we sorted that out, back to my original question
I’m ready to buy a ring from the fractals ring vendor
Which one do i choose?
How much is enough MF
100%?
120%?
This means should i even go with MF gear or is what i have already enough?
Bless and Happy Christmas

Scorpion.1286

Anyways no trolls plz

No not really, thats just an illusion in your head. You cannot play very well with MF gear because it makes everything you do less effective. You might think you play well, but infact you are more or less a liability to your group.

It’s straight out disrespectful to enter a group when you wear MF gear, the rest of the group needs to make up for your lack of support or damage, both of which you do kitten in MF gear.

No matter how you try and argue, MF gear will make you weaker than any other type of gear.

Power/cond/MF Power/pres/Cond
My stats with MF and my stats with out
Power 1715 1765
Pres 1467 2172
Tough 1051 1051
Vit 1151 1151
Att:2744 2794
crit 30% 64%
Armor 2115 2115
Health 17432 17432

Same conditions scores on both equipment.
Please tell me what your going on about because if 34% crit makes all the difference in fractals, then u are clearly mistaken . If 50 more power makes all the difference you are clearly mistaken. Not convinced

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Think what they are saying is this.

If you hit 20 times each time doing base dmg of 1000.
Asuming double dmg on crit
With 30% crit you would do = 12,000 dmg in crits and 14,000 dmg in non crits. Total = 26,000dmg
With 64% crit you would do = 26,000dmg in crits and 7,000 in non crits, Total = 33,000dmg
Difference =7,000dmg
Then ofc u can take into account thigns that proc on crit.

The important thing here is that your doing more dmg in a shorter amount of time thus killing stuff faster and thus the group takes less dmg, less lkely hood of dieing.

30% to 64% crit chance is a big deal tbh.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Anyways no trolls plz

Power/cond/MF Power/pres/Cond
My stats with MF and my stats with out
Power 1715 1765
Pres 1467 2172
Tough 1051 1051
Vit 1151 1151
Att:2744 2794
crit 30% 64%
Armor 2115 2115
Health 17432 17432

Same conditions scores on both equipment.
Please tell me what your going on about because if 34% crit makes all the difference in fractals, then u are clearly mistaken . If 50 more power makes all the difference you are clearly mistaken. Not convinced

The crit difference does matter, I assume you talk about crit chance here. Seeing as you are a condition spec, you effectivly cut down your chance for extra condition procs by more than 50% compared to the non MF gear. That high crit of 64% lets you keep burns and bleed up easier, the means of your damage. The damage you deal that arent conditions hit like wet noodles. And the conditions have a very short duration for engineers, it lasts half as long as a necros does. Traited necro 8 seconds, traited engi 4 seconds.

So yes that loss in crit makes alot of difference.

The slow application of conditions was the reason I went from condition pistols to power, pres, crit dmg rifle on my engineer.

Also, MF is not worth it. Lets say you have 100% MF, that means an item with a drop chance of 10% goes to 20% instead. Thats just not worth it, you still have an 80% window that it will fail to drop. MF also doesnt apply to chests. Most rare (not the color yellow, rare as the word rare) items probably have something like 2-4% chance of dropping, that means you get maybe 4 or 8%, thats still a huge margin of error for it not to drops, while you waste stats on MF instead of killing power.

Killing power effectivly trades off with MF in order to get drops aswell. Lets say you skip your 100% MF and get 100% crit damage on a crit spec, this mean you will kill mobs twice as fast or faster, this means you can kill 2 mobs (or more) in the time you kill one with MF gear. That gives you 2 chances on a 2% drop instead of 1 chance on a 4% drop.

The only time where MF really benefits you is if you wanna leech events or groups, since others will do the killing for you and you one aoe for gold medals/loot. But solo and in serious groups you will not benefit much from it. Faster killing speed means the same chance at loot and higher chance to survive versus many mobs.

Think about that.

Oh and you answered your own question regarding fractal gear.

Power/tough/vit 5% mf

Thats what you claimed you wanted, power, tough, vit. That ring has all the stats you want AND magic find.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

(edited by SneakyErvin.3056)

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

I have 120% base magic find, with food and buffs I can push upward of 200%, that being said RNG hates me and guild mates with 0 MF or just the Food buff will get better drops.

The biggest difference I notice is in farming, I seem to get a lot more Fine crafting materials than people with less MF.

Posted by: Jairoe.5194

Jairoe.5194

I actually found that the “Strong” set of armor(for medium its Strong Rogue) includes a Toughness/Vit/MF stat set that many people don’t seem to mention on MF threads. The Strong sets includes different sets of attributes but thats one of them. Combined with Opal Mithril Accessories gives you a very balanced off/def setup that includes MF. Hope this helps.