Mail Delivery

Mail Delivery

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

How does the new mail carrier work?

Player-A (has griphon mail carrier) sends a mail to Player-B (has pigeon mail carrier).
What mail carrier appears to Player-B upon receiving mail from Player-A?

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

The griffon would. I know because I sent a mail to someone who thought a griffon was attacking him at first.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Griffon_Mail_Carrier
Unlocks the ability for characters on your account to customize the way they send mail to other players and receive game mail.

Interesting. Because that means it would override the one I bought, the Gifts, where wiki says I would still receive mail using mine.

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

It’s based on the sender of the mail. If Player A has Griffon, and sends to Player B (who has pigeon)…. Player A’s sending animation will be griffon, and Player B’s receiving animation will be griffon. If Player B replies, B’s sending animation will be pigeon, and A’s receiving animation will be pigeon.

If A sells on the TP, they will have a sending animation of griffon.

If A gets mail from, eg, the gemstore, they will have a receiving animation of griffon. I believe this is what is meant by “game mail.” Presumably it applies to Personal/Living Story mails, and map completion mails, as well.

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I haven’t seen anyone using these, actually.

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

You haven’t been playing much, then.

One – Piken Square

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

The griffon would. I know because I sent a mail to someone who thought a griffon was attacking him at first.

Isn’t that delightfull, one mail and a heartattack.

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Hahaha, can you imagine if a number of players with the griffon carrier were to send a mail to an unsuspecting player all at the same time? New guild: Griffon Mail Bombers [EEK]

Mail Delivery

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I wonder if you can mail your team’s thief and make it so he is surrounded by pigeons while he is in stealth..

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Or better yet, the enemy team’s thief.

One – Piken Square

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You haven’t been playing much, then.

Well, yeah. I kind of quit for 2 – 4 months because of lack of interesting content, and returned just recently and have been playing for 2 weeks now or so.

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Thank you for the answers.

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I wonder if you can mail your team’s thief and make it so he is surrounded by pigeons while he is in stealth..

Don’t they have to accept the mail by clicking on it before they get the animation? I know with my Gift one, it doesn’t show up till I do.

Mail Delivery

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Nope. The animation plays when a new mail is sent to them, not when they actually open it.