Mail system

Mail system

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dcollins.6973

Dcollins.6973

My brother got a new account, I sent him 100 gold so he could put it in his bank for the achievement. Now he can’t mail it back. lol -_- I know the more he plays the more he will be able to mail, but there should be some kind of verification for those of us who aren’t gold sellers or w/e to let Anet know we’re legit players… He couldn’t even mail me a recipe from the Wintersday event in the mail.

ArenaNets idea of a legendary is appalling…
Illivatur – Juggernaut – Eternity – Jade Quarry

Mail system

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

I had no idea about this…

OR

Epic brother trolling

Mail system

Dcollins.6973

Epic brother trolling? This coming from a guy who named himself grazingcattle… wow. Anyways…

Anyone know if it’s like 30 day limit? I’ll help him get to 80 within a few weeks no problem. Just wondering if anyone knows more about this.

Mail system

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

Or maybe Grazingcattle is a Username?

I don’t know if level has much to do with this since if its a anti bot measure bots would just level the toons* in order to farm higher end mats.

*The investment of getting a bot to 80 via crafting so he could farm higher level mats might be worth it.

Easiest way to “fix” this is to create a guild with you 2 in it, build the Bank and have him deposit it so you can pick it up.

Like I said I never heard of this, but on release I don’t think many people were mailing 100’s of gold

Mail system

Dcollins.6973

I’ve been 80 for a while now, and the guild trick doesn’t work either. He’s in my guild which has been established for longer than I have been in it! Also, I don’t send 100s of gold to just anyone… he’s my brother. Otherwise anyones can get it on their own. lol

Mail system

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I suspect when Grazingcattle suggested “epic brother trolling” he means maybe your brother is just saying he isn’t able to send it so he can keep it. I’m also pretty sure it was meant to be a joke.

I think there is some limit on either how much gold new characters can send or how often they can mail people, but I don’t know any details – I’ve just seen odd comments online.

I’m not sure what kind of verification they could have for people who aren’t gold sellers. Any automated system simple enough for most people to bother with would be more than worthwhile for gold sellers to go through as well and requiring someone to manually observe activity on each persons account would be a huge drain on Anets resources for a minor convinience (and probably take just as long as getting past the current block does).

About the guild trick remember to check what rank your brother is and what permissions he has. A lot of guilds have a ‘newbie’ rank which does not allow people to access the guild bank to prevent people joining, taking everything and leaving straight away. You might need to get him upgraded, or create a custom rank that allows him to deposit but not withdraw gold so he can deposit it for you.

But other than that I’d suggest just waiting and trying every so often. Soon he will be past the block on new characters mailing gold and will be able to send it.

Although that does remind me of one other possibility – considering your brother is new do make sure he’s actually doing everything right when trying to send you the gold, it might be a mistake on his end.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mail system

Posted by: Old Bones.5140

Old Bones.5140

I know when I started there was a cooldown on new characters being able to send mail. I just can not remember what it was.

Mail system

Dcollins.6973

Sadly I understand and realize that Anet can’t do anything “simple” for those of us who are legit. Also I know all that can be done atm is that my brother will have to level.

Lastly, I had him over and he showed me that he wasn’t able to send me any of the gold. Also I checked his guild ranking permissions and he gets the same message from depositing money into the Guild Bank as he does trying to mail me the gold. So no luck there either.

Mail system

Posted by: Old Bones.5140

Old Bones.5140

Give it 48 hours after he created the account. My old memory is somewhat coming back. (That is I think it is 48 hours.)

Mail system

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

I believe the system is a character cannot mail more gold then they’ve earned so your brother would need to earn 100g to mail 100g. Just getting gold in the mail doesn’t count towards earning.

I read this in a post a while back. I’m not 100% certain of it’s truth though.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.