Mailing gems?

Mailing gems?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Era.2930

Era.2930

very quick question guys….. hope someone knows the answer

can you mail gems to someone using in game mail? A RL friend wants to buy me some for my birthday, and other than giving him my login details, there is no other way i can think of unless you can mail them to someone.

just wondered if anyone knew if there was an easy way to do so as they are not actually an ‘item’ as it were

thanks!

Mailing gems?

Posted by: Xearonos.3645

Xearonos.3645

Gift cards are about the only suggestion I can give you. Either GW2 cards if there is such a thing or a Visa gift cart found in most chain stores.

Mailing gems?

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

While your friend is well-intentioned, this seems like a bad idea. He could hypothetically buy some gold, pets, or similar non-account-bound items in the gem store and then mail them to you, but there’s going to be some loss from the exchange rate if you try to convert that gold back into gems.

You should tell your friend that you appreciate the offer, but maybe he’d be willing to buy you a coffee / ice cream / whatever instead for your birthday. Technically, it would be bad manners to ask for cash that you could then use to buy gems yourself.

Mailing gems?

Posted by: Drevin.6534

Drevin.6534

I’ll just throw this idea here, but bear in mind you guys will end up with a loss. Have your friend buy the gems, exchange them to gold, mail the gold to you, and you exchange the gold back into gems. The problem is, due to the different exchange rates, you will end up with less gems than your friend actually bought.

Mailing gems?

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

I’d just say a gift of cash would be easier, you can then buy the gems yourself. I don’t think it’s bad manners, because that’s the best way to get the gift he suggested.

Mailing gems?

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

If it’s not a local friend, a storebought visa cash card works wonders as well.

Mailing gems?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Do Visa gift/prepaid cards work with their online store? I use a Visa debit card and I have never been able to buy anything form Arenanet with it. I tried several times to pre-order the game and it was denied (I ended up buying a box from Wal-Mart after release) and I get the same error when I tried to buy gems. There was more than enough in the debit account to cover the purchases each time. Maybe they just don’t want my money

Mailing gems?

Posted by: Era.2930

Era.2930

yea i dont believe pre-pay cards work (or vouchers etc) hence the question.

thanks though guys seems its a no go….. ill just have to make him take me to the pub instead ;p

and drevin/sparkie yep thanks for that suggestion, was simply trying to avoid the buy/sell/buy again loss which is accrued doing it like that

ill be at the bar

Mailing gems?

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Convert the gems to gold. Mail the gold. Convert the gold to gems.

Mailing gems?

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

This is a rather large waste, since you have a ‘selling fee’ and a 15% hidden tax.

As to visa’s, you can purchase one at near any grocery store, and they take visa’s in the Gem Store, so I’m not sure why that wouldn’t work?

Mailing gems?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

This is a rather large waste, since you have a ‘selling fee’ and a 15% hidden tax.

As to visa’s, you can purchase one at near any grocery store, and they take visa’s in the Gem Store, so I’m not sure why that wouldn’t work?

I’m not sure why either, but my Visa card is a debit account, not a credit account, and it is accepted at 99% of the places that accept Visa. But once in a while it is refused. I don’t know the reason why. Arenanet refuses my Visa card.