Making Gold From Soulbound Items?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BToTheFifth.5834

BToTheFifth.5834

My question is: are there any soulbound items that can be turned into gold (through some means) to make a profit? Is there any way to take badges of honor, dungeon tokens, or karma, which do not have a natural gold value due to them being soulbound, and turn them into gold? Can someone purchase items using tokens/badges and use them in the mystic forge to create a non soulbound item or use a technique similar to this to effectively sell tokens/badges for gold?

I know that there are a lot of recipes that have a large profit margin but require that the user find the recipe through rare random drop (i.e. Bloodstone Fragment).

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Convert soulbound currencies into equipment from karma/dungeon/WvW vendors.

Collect 4 soulbound equipment and transmute these in the mystic forge.

What comes out has a large (but not 100%) chance to be non-soulbound.

Not very profitable, but the only actual way to convert soulbound currencies to coin.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Oh, karma is the exception. You can buy Orrian Jewelry Boxes from karma vendors in Orr. Open the boxes for a chance at loot. The contents are random, with a small chance of getting expensive rare materials (e.g. Charged Lodestone), which can be sold on the Trade Post.

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

If you have a lot of dungeon tokens and no use for them, you can buy the weapons and throw them into the forge for a chance at something better (like a precursor). If you throw four of the same weapon type (such as a sword), you will get that same weapon type back.

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

Best ways:

#1: You can use higher level dungeon tokens (CoF / HotW, etc) to get rares that you can salvage for ecto
#2: You can use lower level dungeon tokens for exotics that you can huck in the mystic forge. You can sell those exotics for gold, and may strike it rich with a precursor
#3: You can convert karma to Orrian Jewelry boxes en masse, sell the vendor junk to the npc, and sell the lodestones on the TP. I tend to average 10g per 500k karma, your mileage may vary.
#4: You can buy lvl 80 green weapons with karma, huck them in the mystic forge and hope for rares. The upgrade rate is 20%, but I’ve had some runs where 20 greens nets me 2 rares…. that’s approx 25k karma for 80s worth of rare greatswords, but that’s again dependant on your forge luck.

There are probably a few I’m forgetting but those are the most common.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer