Making Gold

Making Gold

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: HCProfessionals.3601

HCProfessionals.3601

Maybe I’m just horrible at it, but it seems that if I stay on track for another month or so, I might have enough gold to buy 1 piece of Cultural Armor for 30g

How in the world are people making 100g so quickly without buying it…

PHP/MySQL Code Monkey and MCITP. Owner of a Michigan-based Computer Service and Hosting Company.

Making Gold

Posted by: Cabbage.4085

Cabbage.4085

Well grinding, I get roughly 1g – 1.5g per hour. (Excluding Globs & 400 mats)

Making Gold

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

I still haven’t tried it but by what I’ve seen so far the Trading Post works much like a stock market. If you play your cards right you can probably make good money by buying low and selling high.

Just place buying/selling orders and wait for the money to drop in your account. Of course you need to pay attention to what the average prices, historical highs and lows are, but once you figured it out it should be easy.

Making Gold

Posted by: Cabbage.4085

Cabbage.4085

Calavera,

I am going to say that isn’t entirely easy. Especially since if your prices are too high, it takes one person to undercut you to make you lose a lot of money.

If you are the sole person who makes such an item, you can make some good money. Otherwise the 1g – 1.5g grinds from Dynamic Events & Mobs is pretty much good enough to get you far.

Making Gold

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Posted this in another thread that’s having “page 2 bug” issues, so here we go…how I basically make my Gold by doing nothing. Literally, I put up buy orders, go level…come back to town before I wanna log off, do my stuff and resell it all. Come back next day to a pile of money.

For those asking how to make gold, I have about 50 now between what I have on hand and some investments. The key part is the last part, it is going to be a long hard road if you think you’re going to make a lot of money selling your blues and greens. As many people have found out they’re not worth much on the TP, partially because of poor undercutting but largely because they are abundant. Same goes for practically all rare weapons. What you need to grasp is the concept of taking a loss now for possibly higher gains later. Ways to do that is leveraging your crafting disciplines, making a decision on whether to salvage or not and how much are you willing to spend at the possibility of doubling, tripling or quadrupling that investment.

Not long ago, you could make a small fortune on Superior Runes of the Pirate, for obvious reasons, people wanted them and were willing to pay for them. The materials to make them were cheap, you could quite literally buy a Platinum Doubloon and two Gossamer Scraps to make a Superior Rune of the Pirate and have anywhere from 10-15s in pure profit. Not so much now, however they still sell for 40-45s you just need the Doubloons which are somewhat abundant. Abundant enough that it’s worth trying for. This is what I mean by leveraging your crafting.

For Jewelcrafters, your biggest hurdle is Globs of Ectoplasm, however some Exotic accessories sell quite well, in the 2-3g range. Start salvaging your rares for ecto’s when it makes sense to do so. Use either the Black Lion Salvage kit, or a Mystic Salvage Kit or the Master’s Salvage Kit on Level 68+ rares for a chance at 0-4 Ectos. The caveat here is you need to know what that Rare is going for. If it’s going for more than 30s, preferably 40s or more, try and TP it. If it sells you’ve made enough in profit to get at least 1-2 Ectos. If it’s anything below that in the 20s range. Salvage it. You might get burned with nothing but Mithril or some Silk in return, maybe the cheap major sigil on it, but you could luck out. Start turning those into Exotic accessories and you’ll be rolling in gold. This works for non JC’s too, just a bit less dramatic, but Ecto’s are almost a guaranteed sell. So if the math works out and with a bit of luck, you should be getting a higher ratio of Ecto’s from each rare. Is it going to work overnight? Not likely, but a week, couple weeks, you’ll be looking at returns of 3-5g from the TP, well on your way to maybe stepping it up a bit.

I and others prefer to make it by literally gambling on the Mystic Forge. Between trying to trade up cheap Rare Dyes for better Rare Dyes can turn 40s into 2-3g pretty fast if you get lucky. It’s all about how much you’re willing to risk. I have no qualms with dropping 2-3g on cheaper materials on the Trading Post in large quantities and literally transmuting it in the forge into gold. Doesn’t always work, but if you stick with it and don’t act cheap about it (ie. don’t buy 20…buy 200) you’ll find that generally you’re making profit. It’s enough of a return that I feel lucky enough to try buying rare weapons and armor directly and trying to reforge it into Exotics. Because a 1-1.5g gamble can pay off big time.

I do these things every day and have yet to end a day lower than when I started, it’s almost always break even or profits. Don’t get discouraged though if you do go down, you can always build it back up again with Ectos etc.

(edited by Tradewind.6913)

Making Gold

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

There are a few dragons that spawn.
They can drop some pretty good loot. Get as much MF (magic find) on you gear as you can. Participate in the dragon events.
Sell/melt the drops for cash.

There are a few zones where high end materials drop (orr for example) so running around gathering and selling those can earn you some cash.

Low end materials can also sell really well. May be worth the time to roll and alt and run arond gathering those.

Playing the market is probably a losing battle. You have to compete with everyone else that is trying to buy low/sell high too. Competition can be benneficial, but it can also be detrimental.

Pretty much run around, have fun, play the game and you will be alright.

Making Gold

Posted by: Martym.6971

Martym.6971

Buy a magic find set and farm mobs.

Make sure to use a magic find set when you kill dragons. Believe me, it makes a difference, especially if you are using magic find booster with a set + magic find food and a magic find sigil for the weapon that stacks to 25 kills @ 0.6% per stack.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_find

(edited by Martym.6971)