Making gold - tips?

Making gold - tips?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

Any one got any? I find making gold in this game harder then putting in two weeks at work and getting a pay cheque

Making gold - tips?

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Grab gathering tools and explore.

I make at least 1-3 gold going all around a zone, uncovering everything that I can, doing DE’s and farming up all the crafting mats I can get. I sell EVERYTHING I find. Some low level mats sell nicely.

otherwise, you can play the BLTP and do the good ol’ fashioned buy low, sell high.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Making gold - tips?

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Farm DE’s until your eyes are bleeding for about 1g, or use the gem shop.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Making gold - tips?

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

I don’t know if it is because the TP market is beginning to stabilize, or that I’ve hit 100 in crafting and no longer am cobbling together undesirable things, but I am finally starting to routinely turn a tidy profit with crafted goods.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

(edited by Arsenal.2601)

Making gold - tips?

Posted by: ICEAciD.8065

ICEAciD.8065

Go on a waypoint hopping killing spree slaying npc’s at random stacked with +magicfind, then vendor and post onto the trading post.

If you don’t think about the gathering of gold that much and more of the random killing as you streak across the open world. Before you know it, you should have some gold and a fun time gaining it.

Making gold - tips?

Posted by: Korago.7509

Korago.7509

Here’s what I do: Farm events in the cursed shore. I have about as much magic find anyone can get on my gear. That, along with an omnom bar, guild buffs, and the occasional banner gives me MF through the roof.

I’ll usually farm between the events that occur the Penitent, Shelter’s Gate, and Jofast WPs. Between those 3, I’m almost always doing a DE. After the anti-farm code kicks in (about half and hour to 45 mins), I’ll go round up the valuable gathering spawns in the last 2 Orr zones. That nets me about 1.5g.

With these two combined, I can make about 7g before things slow down. That’s if I get lucky. I would say about half of that comes from selling ectos. With as much MF as I have, I find an average of 1 per event along with other nifty items, like crafting mats, that I can sell for some coin.

This is how I farm. If I could find another good chain of events to do while the anti-farm code resets, I could farm non-stop and make some seriously insane money.

Making gold - tips?

Posted by: Katsu.4208

Katsu.4208

Game the market.

There isn’t any diminishing returns on lewt from the TPost like killing stuff :P

I recently made an alt and challenged it to be independent from my other 80s. Was level 10, took 10 silver I had and had over 2g a few hours later—which is a lot for that level. Not so impressive as an 80, but you’ll have more money to deal with then. Just took some understanding of TP commissions to ensure you dont risk paying more than you bought it for. Once you have more money, you can take larger risks (diversify yourself) and gain a lot faster.

(edited by Katsu.4208)

Making gold - tips?

Posted by: GrantWizard.7832

GrantWizard.7832

1 tip it will make u Millions!: Play the game!, Don’t go looking for gold the gold will come to you… Unless ur level 80 then ur Grinding for the Exotics and legenderys So good luck.