Map completion (Borderlands)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

With the change to the “mega-server” system, it appears that characters are “locked” into their home world (even if guesting). It also appears that the rotation of worlds between the “red”, “blue”, and “green” borderlands has ceased? For the past 2 months, all of my characters (Emry Bay) are locked in the “red” borderland—————-IF, and I repeat, IF, this is the “new standard”, how is one expected to complete 100% mapping of Tyria (for the achievement)? Whichever map your “home” is, it’s virtually impossible to get the vistas and POI’s on the other (2) maps

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

The borderlands rotation has nothing at all to do with Megaservers. And you never could guest to do WvW.

That the server remains the same color week after week after week has always been a problem.

Posted by: Soscl.4637

Soscl.4637

Wvw Map completion can be very long and frustrating if you aren’t participating in capping places or you are on a server that is constantly losing . My suggestion is to either find a party on each map and join them in capping points, maybe find an active wvw guild for on your server and tag along with them, or wait out rotations.

Rotations are based on ranking changes in your server’s tier. If your server is bottom of the three, they will be red, blue is middle, and green is the highest rank of the matchup. It

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

Wvw Map completion can be very long and frustrating if you aren’t participating in capping places or you are on a server that is constantly losing . My suggestion is to either find a party on each map and join them in capping points, maybe find an active wvw guild for on your server and tag along with them, or wait out rotations.

Rotations are based on ranking changes in your server’s tier. If your server is bottom of the three, they will be red, blue is middle, and green is the highest rank of the matchup. It

Thanks for the VERY useful data!!—Since I don’t usually do WvW (orPvP)—-but work solo (mostly)—I guess that “patience really IS a virtue”—at least that’s what the Dummycrats are saying lately!!

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

It took me a while to do all the borderlands. I relied on rotations.
My advice would be to simply get all the POIs & vistas of your keep and nearest garrisons each time you rotate. Its always the middle ground which is trickiest to get. Just log in either at prime hours when your world is most active and most likely to attempt to cap locations or, alternatively, I logged at 3am a few times just to see what was available. If you log on in the early hours, even for an hour, you might be able to join some night cappers and grab what you need. GL

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast