Map completion question re. 1 short (175/176)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Poitus.2860

Poitus.2860

Hi all,
Am I correct in assuming that I could have 100% map completion for a map, but still miss a section of the map which counts towards an ‘explorer’ achievement (if that section doesn’t contain a POI, WP etc?

e.g I’m 1 short in Ascalon explorer, and need to decide if I can eliminate the 100% map completion areas or not – Fireheart is the only map left, but I’ve only got Vistas and Skills to go)

Thanks,
Poitus

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You are correct, there are white-named areas that hold no world completion goals and hence have no little icons to guide you to them. I think it’s the wiki maps that show you the white name zones with little borders. Sort of like county maps. It helps if you have two monitors, you can compare the wiki map side by side with yours to see what might be missing.

Poitus.2860

Thanks Donari! Will load up the wiki ones on my iPad!
Cheers.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Notice that in order to join some areas you must go away from them.

As example, there’s a puzzle in the West side of a snowy area (don’t remember where) that ports you to a cave in the West side of the map. That cave can’t be accessed unless you go through the puzzle, so… discovering it is tricky.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

The easiest way is to look at the map and look for blurred regions then try to get in there.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

This might help because it lists all the needed areas:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Bluestone/Explorer

I made a list of the areas by map and then went to each map checking areas off and was able to figure out what I was missing. I had a lot of trouble trying to switch back and forth to look at the list then the map. Having printed it, it was so much easier to catch the missing parts.

Poitus.2860

Thanks Aerinndis. I got the 176 the other day with the wiki map, but the list is great for he others.
Catch you in game..
Poitus