Mastery Points HoT

Mastery Points HoT

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Elarionus.3246

Elarionus.3246

Q:

I’m running into situations where, simply because of my Mastery Point ranking (124), people are immediately discounting me from raids, wvw commanding, high level fractals, and even attempting to stop me from giving general advice and information out over map chat. I don’t know how people are finding out stats about my account (as I was too far away from them to be selected), but it seems that with my Achievement score of 6,500 or so and my mastery point score of 124, no matter the extensive hours of research and calculation, no matter the extensive amounts of testing and theorizing I have done, my ability will immediately be discounted, as I am kicked from raids, kicked from fractals, and shut down by new players who happen to have more mastery points than me.

My main question is, what is an easy series of mastery points to get? I have been working on collecting the strongboxes in the various HoT maps and I am playing through the story to grab any mastery points hidden in there. What are the easiest things I can do to get to that magic 186 number? Thanks in advance!

If you can’t get out of it, get into it.
—Dan Bukvich

Mastery Points HoT

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

Adventures give a up to 2 MP each – one for silver and one for gold. some require a bit of practise but some are super easy. On top they give a nice chunk of XP every day to fill your tracks at the same time.

Also be on the lookout in the new LWS3 maps. they also have quite a lot of MP that are relatively easy to claim.

Good luck

Mastery Points HoT

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

To answer the “how” question, it’s information that is visible to other players in the UI.

That said … what you are describing is pretty radically different from my experience, and I did a whole bunch of those things without having maxed out masteries. (Well, still don’t have, but now it’s just raid masteries left…)

Anyway, are you sure it is the mastery point count that is causing your issues here? Are people literally telling you that, or are you just inferring it from some other sort of response?