Max run speed?

Max run speed?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Q:

I remember reading around September that the max run speed was the 33% that came from swiftness. I was looking then to see if it stacked with elementalist air traits and the Signet of Air.

I’m wondering if it’s still true that it can’t get over 33%. Especially because of the thief speed boost done recently, and speed boosters.

Max run speed?

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

what thief speed boost are you talking about?

But yes you only get the highest speed bonus’ effect, meaning usually swiftness with 33%, though apparently you should be able to increase the swiftness move speed with 7% by using a full set of rune of speed, never tried it myself though, so dont know if it is working or not

Max run speed?

Posted by: Hostility.4961

Hostility.4961

The 7% bonus on rune of speed is not working yet.

Max run speed?

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

With the Warrior-trait “Warrior’s Sprint” (Run 10% faster while wielding melee weapons)
you can definitly run faster then 33%.

(edited by Pixelninja.6971)

Max run speed?

GummiBear.2756

With the Warrior-trait “Warrior’s Sprint” (Run 10% faster while wielding melee weapons)

don’t have a warrior but it shouldn’t, only your highest speed boost should count

Max run speed?

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

^
Yes, and this means that you should not take movement increase traits if you have swiftness.
Fastest move speed?
Thief out of combat in stealth 450 u/s with fleet shadow trait which gives +50% to movement speed while in stealth.
However,
dash dash dash for the win :P

Max run speed?

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

Of course you should be able to run faster then 33%, otherwise what would be the point of the Trait? I think max run speed is capped at 50%. If the runes of speed would work, warrior’s could run at 50% speed when traited.

Max run speed?

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Of course you should be able to run faster then 33%, otherwise what would be the point of the Trait? I think max run speed is capped at 50%. If the runes of speed would work, warrior’s could run at 50% speed when traited.

The point of the trait is to move 10% faster when you don’t have swiftness.

Max run speed?

Posted by: Shadestrike.4372

Shadestrike.4372

Max run speed is 50% bonus. Thieves can achieve this with a trait that boosts run speed to 50% when stealthed.

Max run speed?

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Does melee weapons apply to Banners?

(They are environmental weapons after all).

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Max run speed?

GummiBear.2756

just tested it now in heart of the mists, and warrior’s sprint definitely does NOT increase you movement speed when you already have swiftness on (while yes it does increase you movement speed while using a banner and not having swiftness) test with both axe/axe and while carrying a banner

Max run speed?

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Swiftness doesn’t stack and caps at 33%, of course with the exception of 50% stealth increase only to thieves

RIP in peace Robert

Max run speed?

Clark Skinner.4902

What about Speed Boosters. Are they boosting on top of swiftness, or things like Sigil of Air, or Air attunement speed increase?

Max run speed?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Only the one strongest speed increase counts. All speed boosts only stack duration not intensity.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Max run speed?

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Max run speed is 50% bonus. Thieves can achieve this with a trait that boosts run speed to 50% when stealthed.

There is still a hard cap of +33% out of combat speed. A thief using blinding powder to gain stealth out of combat with this trait still only moves 33% faster since it’s a hard cap. In combat though it does work +50% because it’s no where near the hard cap of +33% of out of combat speed.

Max run speed?

Clark Skinner.4902

There is still a hard cap of +33% out of combat speed. A thief using blinding powder to gain stealth out of combat with this trait still only moves 33% faster since it’s a hard cap. In combat though it does work +50% because it’s no where near the hard cap of +33% of out of combat speed.

Kind of backward that combat speed is faster than non-combat speed. But ok.