Mesmer Or Necromancer?

Mesmer Or Necromancer?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zephyree.2731

Zephyree.2731

Hey Everyone,
ive been wanting a good longer ranged character for a while now as i already have a Guardian and a Thief But Im having some trouble choosing between the Mesmer or the Necromancer, I have played both of them up to level 10 and found them both very entertaining. I will be more focused on PVE then PVP but im looking for one that is all rounded. i am really having some trouble choosing between the two and im completely torn 50/50, im hoping you guys could tell me why i should choose either the Mesmer Or the Necromancer,

Thanks In Advance,

Mesmer Or Necromancer?

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

If they fix necro minions within our lifetimes, that might be a difficult choice. As it stands, mezzie is way better.

Mezzie’s can be built to work very well melee or ranged, and have a host of utilities that are useful either solo or grouped. Necro’s have mediocre condition damage potential paired with a potentially a solid bunker build, but none of the survival tricks that you really need to work a bunker to its fullest.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Mesmer Or Necromancer?

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Necro better at survival.

Mesmber better at everything else least until necros minions and stuff gets fixed.

Mesmer Or Necromancer?

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Mesmer craps on Necro from such a great height its not even funny. Not to mention it has some of the best utilitiesin the game ( hello feedback) and probaly the single best Elite – Time Warp. I would never have a necro in my group over a mesmer. Asit stands, they shouldn’t even be in the game given how utterly worthless they are.

Mesmer Or Necromancer?

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

Necro if you are maso(only thing you are good for is to be a living sponge for dmg).

Otherwise Mesmer.

Necro is just kittenoo broken. Avoid.

Mesmer Or Necromancer?

Posted by: nyteflyer.7802

nyteflyer.7802

I have both. i started out as mes, and enjoyed it so much. designed him for wvw now. my necro is condition damage. so great for groups esp on the condition damage part. for pve, i think necro could be great. not as flexible as mes thou, in terms of skills but survivability is commendable. i dont use summons though

Mesmer Or Necromancer?

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i don’t have any conplain on necro to do, one of my guildie is a very good necro and he really enjoys the professions above all others.
i play a mesmer, and i have a lot of fun with it since i started to understand how it works and how to use my builds and skill (there are a lot of posts in the mesmer section that can help you out as helped me).
mesmer has a good survivability too, thanks to his many tricks and blink and the good health pool (less than necro, but still). you’ll love your utilities, they are very versatile and cover pretty much every situation. there are so many ways to reflects projectile that i always find entertaining to see scouts suicide because you used the right combo (not only feedback).
your friend will love your portal (if you are a good jumper and they are not, or if you are smart enough in wvw) and you can give them love back with your time warp.
no one ever complains about it.
or maybe entertain yourself turning a giant boss into a moa for some second?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Mesmer Or Necromancer?

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Why not try both in WvW (PvP or PvE) and see which you like best ?

Better still: level both, I’m loving GW2 alting.

I’ve leveled a warrior first, which was fun. Then I finished a mesmer, and it was absolutely amazing, to me: original playstyle, versatile, high survivability and utility, loving it. Tried the necromancer in beta, and that seemed sweet too – I’ll probably start on that next after I finish my thief, which is awesome as well.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.