Mesmer: immune to stuns, slows CC ect

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Snowpea.5469

Snowpea.5469

There seems to be a mesmer build which makes them immune to slows, stuns or generally anything which holds them in place. They’re not using mantras, and they always have the food which reduces condition time by 40%…. but they never get slowed (i.e. they’re not getting slowed and removing it).

Is this an exploit or legit?

Anyone know how it’s done?

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Lemongrass poultry soup and runes of melandru.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Snowpea.5469

that’s -65% total for conditions… these guys are never slowed. I’ve tried the hoelbrak version of that, and I still get slowed

Posted by: Taek.4671

Taek.4671

I use a rune of vampirism that turns you into mist form at 10% health. Could be that or another set bonus that has an effect.

[TGA]The Gamers Asylum

Posted by: Twinklefairy.6739

Twinklefairy.6739

You sure it’s a mesmer and not an ele? who could easily have 3 stun breakers on the utilities and can indeed have like 98% reduction in cripple/chill/immob?

Snowpea.5469

100% sure Mesmer… clones and all. I’m a Mesmer and I cant figure out how they are doing it. Only ever played mesmers & I cant work it out. I suspect its an exploit, but if its not would be good to know how to do it.

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

most non-glamour mesmers will have 3 stunbreaks as utilities.

they’re also the class with the most invulnerabilities.

what does the popup say when you try to slow or stun them?

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

100% sure Mesmer… clones and all. I’m a Mesmer and I cant figure out how they are doing it. Only ever played mesmers & I cant work it out. I suspect its an exploit, but if its not would be good to know how to do it.

Runes of melandru and lemon glass poultry soup -65% condi duration… Or runes of hoelbrak with lemon grass poultry soup… Gives -40% condi duration… not an exploit but think of how long stuns/immobs last… Not very long to begin with unless you are a condition build.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Snowpea.5469

Thanks for all the suggestions. There’s no slow shown at all and I don’t see them stunned for even fraction of a second. I’m running my Mesmer with the same gear as you guys suggested (melandru & lemongrass) and I do still get slowed and stunned, but I’m a lot more free than I used to be. I’ve also got a clone which removes debuffs and one invis / stun breaker.

Posted by: Jacklo.4230

Jacklo.4230

I have noticed something similar when applying Basilisk Venom to certain Mesmers. There seems to be absolutely no effect.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

as wads said:
maybe they were invulnerable when you tried to attack them?

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

you may be facing a variety of the immortal build, ~65% condition reduction on self and ~40% stun, shattering clones heal and also remove a condition (and whenever you use your heal too) this is including food buffs.

the downside to this build is it has low damage and you need to shatter with confusion stacks to win, so just dont whack them with confusion on, still there extremely tough to beat at around 26k hp and a skilled one can go on for a long time while dishing out considerable damage depending on the opponents mentality and skill use.

also off topic mimic at the moment has a bug where it absorbs the attack then continues to block everything while the channel lasts, its not mimic your facing but i thought i would through this in there for reference sake.

Nretep.2564

also off topic mimic at the moment has a bug where it absorbs the attack then continues to block everything while the channel lasts, its not mimic your facing but i thought i would through this in there for reference sake.

as I’ve understood the latest patch notes, this is intended. And personally, I don’t see this as overpowered, reflecting projectiles directly aimed at you for max 3.5s and leaving yourself busy casting.

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Even better then I like mimic as it is so good to hear thanks for that info

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I’m a mesmer myself and we are NOT immune to stuns. I personaly use 2 stun breakers, Blink and Decoy. Guardians meditations are stun breakers too as i have a guardian. All classes have stun breakers, i know for necro its spectral armor and spectral walk, there are some more but i dont remember them

g e o.2589

as I’ve understood the latest patch notes, this is intended. And personally, I don’t see this as overpowered, reflecting projectiles directly aimed at you for max 3.5s and leaving yourself busy casting.

i think he was being sarcasting because that is what mimic skill always did

g e o.2589

I have noticed something similar when applying Basilisk Venom to certain Mesmers. There seems to be absolutely no effect.

You’re TOO SLOW, you should backstab them with basilisk venom and be sure to get the REAL mesmer, sudden action almost kill the mesmer

Nretep.2564

i think he was being sarcasting because that is what mimic skill always did

nope, he was not – as you could see his reply.
and afar the skill received a buff within the last two months

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

You’re TOO SLOW, you should backstab them with basilisk venom and be sure to get the REAL mesmer, sudden action almost kill the mesmer

stunbreakers break basilisk venom… i havent tested it but since phase retreat acts like a stunbreaker its reasonable to assume that its usable whilst petrified

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I think a lot of people exploit glitches in the terrain, just the other day a buddy and I were chasing down a mes and ele and we finally managed to get close enough…or were allowed to get close enough and all we got was “Out of Range”…there are a LOT of these terrain glitches actually, especially in the WvW maps. These need to be fixed asap.