Mesmer vs necro

Mesmer vs necro

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Blake.3609

Blake.3609

what one has more survivability and is better for group leveling with a ranger in PVE all the way to 80. and i have a lvl 80 ranger so i dont want another character that uses a pet 100%

Mesmer vs necro

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Depends completely on how you build the suckers. Necro have an inborn ability to run away or keep themselves alive with their death shroud while Mesmers have the added ability of monsters going after their illusions instead of them. So, it depends on which play style appeals to you more.

Mesmer vs necro

Posted by: Blake.3609

Blake.3609

i here necros suck though like i forget if i heard it was while lvling or at lvl 80 in dungeons but i heard they dont do so good, is that true?

Mesmer vs necro

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

I’d take a look at the two forums for the respective classes and reserve your own judgement. I’ve heard Necros who love their class and ex-Necros who hated it, same with Mesmers. Both are definitely specialty classes though, so they do take some time to get used to.

Mesmer vs necro

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

I’d suggest you play both. Just make one, do the starter quest, then go to Heart of the Mists. Do the introduction if you haven’t already, and once you’re in the outpost, play around with the traits and entire weapon selection. Bring your friend with you, and you can both play around at level 80 with good gear, against the AI targets.

Once you’ve done some experimentation, and know which one you like the most, then you’ll have your answer.

Personally, I prefer my professions in this order:
Ranger > Mesmer > Elementalist. I hate everything else just about equally. It’s purely opinion though.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear