Money making feels like a brick wall.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cezton.2415

Cezton.2415

In other MMOs, you knew what you had to do.

Even if it meant killing the same enemy forever, that was fine. I had no complaints if I had to do it for days, but having something feasible to do was great.

In this game, I don’t know anybody who wants to do explorable dungeons. Any dungeon I go near is drawn out and I don’t even know if doing dungeons is a good way to make money. Orr is just full of people. All the regular events have upwards of 40-50 people doing them. Orr is a complete dead end and no longer even worth the time.

Gathering runs can only be done once a day, and flipping items on the auction house, while I’m finding it useful, is not my idea of playing an MMO.

Please help me great ones.

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

doing dungeons is an ok-ish way to make money.

sadly, dungeons in this game are an effing chore, handsdown the absolute worst implementation of dungeons I have ever seen in 15 years of online gaming, and practically noone wants to do them beyond their first history mode run.

my advice? you better start enjoying Orr…you gonna spend a loooooot of time there, bro

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

sadly, dungeons in this game are an effing chore, handsdown the absolute worst implementation of dungeons I have ever seen in 15 years of online gaming, and practically noone wants to do them beyond their first history mode run.

I LOVE them (the dungeons), but there are certain bosses which are a chore, I will agree. Overall, I disagree, they’re very fun once you get the hang of them.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Ascalon EX2 can be finished easily in 25 minutes or so, with omnomberry nourishment gets you a guaranteed 40 silver. Its actually decent fun too. I feel this dungeon path has almost reached a level of being well balanced – for a downscaled level 80 however. Not a level 35.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

I LOVE them (the dungeons), but there are certain bosses which are a chore, I will agree. Overall, I disagree, they’re very fun once you get the hang of them.

glad to hear you like them
sadly the other 99,9% of the game’s population doesnt share your PoV

Cezton.2415

I have planned to start dungeons whenever I find people who want to.

It just plain bothers me that this game, like Diablo 3 (the last game I played), is more for those with the real life cash, or those who bot/exploited the game when it first came out than those who even want to put in the man hours.

I have no problem with grinding for DAYS, weeks, MONTHS.

I just need a feasible way to do it.

Posted by: pandemos.3497

pandemos.3497

There are plenty of people running instances… at least SBI LA map chat is full of LFG requests, so it may just be my server. Personally I have enjoyed all the instances, both story and explore… though I can see how groups could fail and I can even understand some of the dislike for them. I haven’t seen personal accountability at this level since Archimonde, it’s beautiful.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

I always see people calling out for exp dungeon’s in map chat. Yes, they’re a chore when with the wrong group, but they’re designed to be completed with full team coordination in mind. A lot of the dungeons need polish, yes, and the rewards aren’t as rewarding as people would like, but there are plenty of people still willing to run exp dungeons.

pandemos.3497

… back on topic, AoE DE’s, flip TP, farm mats. Do it all. I’ve spent 100g+ on vanity stuff doing a little bit of everything. Instances can make you a lot of money! Even learning CoE EXP I had to experiment jumping through the lasers which alone cost me 11s of repairs and I still came out ahead.

Also, you may want to invest in a MF set… pre last nerf, post prior nerf was amazing… you’d hit DR in one or two events and could go off and do other fun things, but now you’ll have to work a bit to hit DR. Still worth the MF though, just not as efficient.

(edited by pandemos.3497)

NetherDiver.6079

Farming high level crafting materials in Orr for a few hours could net you a decent amount of money.

Cezton.2415

Farming high level crafting materials in Orr for a few hours could net you a decent amount of money.

Can’t man. 40 odd people doing every event, can’t tag anything, and diminishing returns kills it when you can. Not feasible on my server at least.

pandemos.3497

Predictive AoE for spawns is the best/only way to tag them… just guesstimate since they’ll die before you even see them. Sometimes you’ll get them, sometimes not. Sounds like you’ve already given up though… there’s no secret sauce for money making. Worst case? just play the game and you’ll make money, although at a pretty slow rate.

NetherDiver.6079

Can’t man. 40 odd people doing every event, can’t tag anything, and diminishing returns kills it when you can. Not feasible on my server at least.

I’m talking about farming nodes. I don’t think you get DR for farming crafting nodes, do you?

If you’re getting DR for events, just leave the zone and farm somewhere else, then come back. It also helps to be in a farming party so you have an easier chance to tag stuff.

Cezton.2415

I understand what you guys are saying, and have been doing those things.

I can tag enemies better than some classes with my whirling wrath, and I do hit up nodes whenever I can, even the regulars, but it all feels like small potatoes in a very repetitive environment. Orr feels like a very poor end game.

I’m going to start going with the dungeons whilst doing Orr.

Appreciate the comments.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Well, heres the thing, at level 80 I believe all events actually give you the same amount of money. So really, you can go and tag events in queensdale for loot too.

The great thing is; T6 crafting drops from Orr, mainly bones, don’t sell very well anyways, you’re not missing out on much. Jute however, sells like awesome sauce.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

NetherDiver.6079

I understand what you guys are saying, and have been doing those things.

I can tag enemies better than some classes with my whirling wrath, and I do hit up nodes whenever I can, even the regulars, but it all feels like small potatoes in a very repetitive environment. Orr feels like a very poor end game.

I’m going to start going with the dungeons whilst doing Orr.

Appreciate the comments.

I guess the real question is, what do you plan on saving up for anyways? I’m not even gonna bother making a Legendary. 200-300g for a precursor (plus a myriad of other stuff you need to buy?), no thanks.

I don’t make too much money, but I don’t really need to buy anything other than crafting mats to level up weapon and armor smithing. I buy my exotics with dungeon tokens, so I don’t really know what else to spend my money on.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

HoTW path 1 – around 25 mins
TA Spider path – Around 25 mins

Just those two net tons of $$$ in drops + end reward. Both have insanely easy trash/bosses and both can be completed without even a full group. Just make SURE you bring salvage kits – both high end and low end crappy one. Use better for yellows 80 drops and crappy one for salvagables/whites. Then sell EVERYTHING you get, and yes that includes all the tradeskill items you have looted.

Posted by: Soulwatcher.2604

Soulwatcher.2604

Making money in this game is a brick wall because any one thing you do doesn’t net very much money. I have played a lot of games and there has always been a sure fire way to make mega cash. So far I haven’t found it.

P.S. example in EQ2 I can make around 400+ plat for no more then 2~3 hrs work.

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

If you could make lots and lots of money, everyone could. The result would simply be inflation. Prizes rise so while you’d have more easy gold, you’d also need more gold. What would you gain? Right, nothing.

Currently, I’m still completing the map. When asked by my guild I help them farm TA. Any of those activities will net me about 1-3 gold a night. I can buy yellow equipment for 2-3 gold for a set. At the same time, I usually make about 2 gold on a char while levelling to 80. Isn’t that great? Inflation is controlled so well that upon hitting 80, I can almost buy a set of rare equipment, just like that.

If there were ways to make easy money at 80, I’d still hit endlevel with 2 gold but those would buy me an omnomberry bar to chew on while contemplating how to find the riches needed for a rare set.

TL;DR: Normal play will net you several gold a night, that’s enough. More would needlessly hurt the economy by fueling inflation.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

CoF 1 and 2- can finish both around 30 mins

AC 1 and 2- can finish both under 45

1hr 15 minutes give or take and you have made over a gold. What’s the problem?

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

DE’s DR, istances’ DR, long time spawn of resources…
maybe you have to play this game, not farm it. Make golds day by day.
If they wanted a farm fest they had implemented a WoW like system, but luckily they didn’t.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Money making – A brief guide from someone with 60g and whose friend has 120g with neither of us having ever played the TP at all

1. dungeons. The best dungeons to run are AC, CoF and HoTW.
AC – There are a few champion scavengers/howlers during the runs. 2/3 of them drop 5 silver. Eating an omnomberry bar raises this to over 7silver. Pure profit. The bosses also drop quite a bit of money (which is also raised by an omnomberry bar) most runs are 7s + 7s +22s +26s -2s (the bar) in 30 minutes. You can do all 3 paths 30 minutes each. with lucky drops thats almost a gold in 30 minutes for a first completion. (pop the omnomberry after you kill, or just before kohler, the drops before that arent really worth it at all)

CoF – path 1 and 2 only.
Finish them as you would normally. Path 1 takes ~15 minutes with a good group.
Take the 60 tokens. Buy 2 rare level 70 helmets with them. Salvage, and hope you get ecto. Profitiability varies. You could end up with only 26s+drops or you could get 26s+drops+3ecto. (45s on TP right now) per path.

HoTW – path 1. Other paths can be done, but are pretty long.
Same deal as CoF. Clear the run, get the helmet, salvage it.

The other potential ecto dungeons are CoE and Arah. Neither is really worth doing for that chance at ecto. Also as far as I am aware, no other dungeon has money drops like AC does.

Other money making -
Events, cursed shore, Frostgorge, ETC. While it seems counter productive, you usually want to find the events with a few people, but not too many. Tagging monsters can be hard in certain events, especially with bots. I can fill a 110 slot inventory in 1 grenth completion, but if I were to do pentinent 10+ times i’d probably still have slots left over because the mobs are dead before I can even hit them. The end chests also have a chance (albeit slight) for legendary precursors. Which, if you are doing them to reach that 1million karma, does mean you’ll be opening them quite a few times.

Other farm spots -
Anywhere lodestones drop. Lodestones can come from dungeon chests. But at the end of the day you could always saddle up the MF gear and go grind NW corner of frostgorge hoping for corrupted lodestones.

Anywhere specific crafting mats drop – blood, poison sacks, and scales are always in high demand. I know that the krait and ooze in WvWvW have a fairly high chance of armored scales. I do not know about other zones. But if you think youve found a good spot for it you could try these.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The dungeons are awesome, and the end reward is pretty hefty. The thing is, you actually need to be good. If you are in a guild, several “impossible” explorables tend to be extremely easy. EG path 1 in AC is virtually impossible with pugs, while my guild steamrolls it. We earn quite a penny in there. Beyond that they’re actually fun because tactics beyond tank&spank are important.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

LOL….because YOU don’t like them that means 99.9% of the population doesn’t like them.

Self-important much?

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I play dungeons…60-70% are not that hard. It’s just when people get stuck on one of the 30-40%, mostly because of a boss/event that they can’t figure out or has a silly amount of HP/mobs, they give up, rage quit, and assume all dungeons are like that.

And yes, I like dungeons.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I spent around 10g on exotics when I hit 80… I have farmed the kittening hell out of DEs and crafting materials since then.. I barely have 17g, I dunno how people make decent money in this game. Farming is slow…

Posted by: vidiotking.1928

vidiotking.1928

I’m broke too. I bought 3 exotics when I hit lvl 80, and now I have about 2g after a week of very casual play.

Good thing I enjoy the game, otherwise I’d be kitten about being so broke.!

Led Zeppelin, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Grateful Dead, & Miles Davis.

Posted by: flyinpiranha.2580

flyinpiranha.2580

I hate making money in this game. It’s an absolute chore and I don’t feel anything I do is a good way to do it. I’m always barely living above the poverty line. I couldn’t get my lvl 40 trait book until I was 43.

It’s mainly why I only WvW and PVP now, the rest of the game seems to be working against me 90% of the time with broken hearts, empty 35+ zones, bots … it really is a cluster for PVE, I don’t see how people are enjoying that aspect.

When I PVE for the past few days it’s mainly just going from POI to POI for map completion, if I’m lucky a heart quest that actually has mobs I can kill and not something I have to just click. I don’t know, the PVE game is really boring after 35, it’s almost a chore and not enjoyable. I’m really hoping this is just a ‘rut’ so to speak as I loved up until about 35, but the past 11 levels have not been as much fun as 1-35.

I totally understand why Gold Sellers exist, gold is almost impossible to earn playing more than casually unless you do it absolutely perfect with TP timing or something. I play for about 2+ hours each day and I’m broke.

(edited by flyinpiranha.2580)

vidiotking.1928

I must be lucky because I have not had any of the negative issues I see other people talking about.

I always get atleast 1 other person to help out w/ DE’s in whatever zone I’m in. I have only come across 1 broken heart, but I was still able to complete it, although it did take me a while. I’ve seen some bots, but they have not affected my gaming experience.

Making $$ is difficult though…

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I made another thread about this too.

Currently, the only way to get money that is more than you spend for gold sinks is doing dungeons.
Everything else is either just enough to pay for gold sinks or even less.

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Node farming in Cursed Shore, Malchor’s Leap, and Frostgorge is about 2-3 gold in 2 hours…. if you can deal with the extremely annoying mobs and their stupid respawn rate.

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

I farm Orr for two hours a day, If i luck out and get yellow’s i can put them on the AH and they will sell. Usually i make anywhere from 20s-1g. That being said traveling to the area’s i need to and then check for dragons each day i net a loss of -50/60s. So every day i may come out ahead by max 30s. Something is wrong there.

vidiotking.1928

I will say this. There does not seem to be ANY inflation going on in this game. That is an mmo first for me.

Considering this, the amount of gold one needs to be totally outfitted in exotics isn’t so bad.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I farm Orr for two hours a day, If i luck out and get yellow’s i can put them on the AH and they will sell. Usually i make anywhere from 20s-1g. That being said traveling to the area’s i need to and then check for dragons each day i net a loss of -50/60s. So every day i may come out ahead by max 30s. Something is wrong there.

This.

Gold sinks (aka taxes) are way, way too big for the little money we make.

10 trips between Cursed/Frostgorge/LA are already worth 50s.
Add another 20 teleports for 2.5s each = another 50 silver.
1 gold spent a day in just teleports. And this assuming you only port 30 times.
If you play normally (no farming) you WILL go bankrupt.

I had 1g yesterday, today I’m bankrupt because I decided to help some guildies level and do some jumping puzzles (aka “playing the game to have fun” as the Anet motto goes), and I’m broke.
I’m broke because taxes > playing the game.

At this point I’m forced to just farm dungeons, because “playing the game to have fun” is not viable from an economical point of vew.

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

vidiotking.1928

This.

Gold sinks (aka taxes) are way, way too big for the little money we make.

10 trips between Cursed/Frostgorge/LA are already worth 50s.
Add another 20 teleports for 2.5s each = another 50 silver.

1 gold spent a day in just teleports. And this assuming you only port 30 times.
If you play normally (no farming) you WILL go bankrupt.

30 teleports a day !!!

That’s your problem right there. How many hours are you playing a day that you teleport 30 times?! That’s just crazy. No wonder you’re broke.

Posted by: illutian.7630

illutian.7630

Kargion, I play normally…I’m not bankrupt.

And if you are low on coin, buy some gems. For $10 USD you can get (right now) 3g 19s 43c. I just look at it as a monthly subscription fee….that I don’t always have to pay.

Main: illutian Kade
Server: Borlis Pass
Guild: Midgard Protectorate

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

my advice? you better start enjoying Orr…you gonna spend a loooooot of time there, bro

Dungeons themselves I find to be pretty fun and not that hard if it’s a group of your friends and all in a voice chat server at the same time. Can’t say this is really that easy for pugs though. The worse part I find about dungeons is how they work with getting your party into it. It doesn’t seem very smooth. Once you get into the dungeon, if one person needs to leave most of the time he can’t get back into the same one you’re in. You need to leave and restart all over. EVERY single other MMO I have played had a smooth system where party members could zone in and out as they pleased and it would all work.

As for the OP. Yes money making isn’t easy and it does frustrate me as well. Most MMOs have several ways to make money.

- One was for those money and business smart people that can just play the AH. This has always been the best way to make money but the more people do it the harder it gets. Also not everyone is that talented.
- Another method is some sort of dailies. These are what I did to make money. I could pull in about 250k credits in TOR a day just from dailies. This was plenty for me to get by on.
- The last is crafting and selling items. This in GW2 CAN be very good at making money. I crafted the exotic shortbow Berserker’s Pearl Needler and put it on the TP for 4.5 gold and it sold within a few hours. Kinda think I underpriced it now. Grinding the Powerful Blood on the other hand makes me want to dig my eyes out. SOO this money making method is pure luck of drops.

I wish there were some daily heart quest you could do that rewarded some money and items of some sort.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

You have the stats? My guess is nope. Anyway…

My guild and every PUG (Pickup Group) I have been in have said they enjoy the dungeon run although some say they are real hard.

That said my stats are just as good as yours :/

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I’m always broke. If I’m not spending it on crafting mats, I’m buying rare upgrades to armor or weapons. Sometimes, I’ve been so broke, I can’t even portal back my last waypoint.

So, time to hit the road. Just like RL, when times get tough…tough it out. Play the game, sell mats, pick-ups, run everywhere…forget waypoints. ((shrug))

Its less about money being hard to come by…the gripe seems to be that you can’t get rich quick, lol.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

“Money making feels like a brick wall.”

Yeah, just like real life.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Ascalon EX2 can be finished easily in 25 minutes or so, with omnomberry nourishment gets you a guaranteed 40 silver. Its actually decent fun too. I feel this dungeon path has almost reached a level of being well balanced – for a downscaled level 80 however. Not a level 35.

The gold find from Omnomberries apply to dungeon rewards or is that something else?

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I don’t think anybody has asked yet, but how much money do you need, how fast do you need it, and what do you need it for? There are plenty of ways to make money, but depending on the scope, your options may be broader or narrower. Also, currency is a means to an end, and the end can often be reached many ways.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

I would just like to put out there that peoples perception of money may be skewed. A bad skinned exotic goes for a few gold and rare skins go for 15+ gold. People who are talking about only have 5-10 gold… that is a considerable sum to be honest. What are you trying to buy in this game that is more expensive that you dont expect grind for?!

On a different note though – I do 2 dungeon paths a day. Takes about 3 hours and I end the day about 4-6 gold richer, so I dont see how accumulating some wealth is taking people that long to do.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Using way points too often drains your bank account in two ways, the actual cost and all of the stuff you miss out on by not harvesting and killing as you walk.

There are a lot of crafting materials that sell well that don’t need to be harvested in the highest tier areas. I like steady income over gambling for high value items though. I always log out with more money than I started with, unless I upgrade my gear on the TP which isn’t that often.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

Using waypoints drains money.

The cheapest way to port is go into the myst from where you are. use lions arc gate to go there. port to any of the major cities.

For me I port then kill things until I have recover the cost because time is money. To me this works better. For example My friend and I were heading to the catacombs. He decided to take the lions arch port. I ported straight there. is cost me 3s 24c. I then proceeded to kill things in the area. by the time he showed up. I had made 8s.

I am level 80 so I get many level 70+ items where ever I hunt.

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

Money making – A brief guide from someone with 60g and whose friend has 120g with neither of us having ever played the TP at all

1. dungeons. The best dungeons to run are AC, CoF and HoTW.
AC – There are a few champion scavengers/howlers during the runs. 2/3 of them drop 5 silver. Eating an omnomberry bar raises this to over 7silver. Pure profit. The bosses also drop quite a bit of money (which is also raised by an omnomberry bar) most runs are 7s + 7s +22s +26s -2s (the bar) in 30 minutes. You can do all 3 paths 30 minutes each. with lucky drops thats almost a gold in 30 minutes for a first completion. (pop the omnomberry after you kill, or just before kohler, the drops before that arent really worth it at all)

CoF – path 1 and 2 only.
Finish them as you would normally. Path 1 takes ~15 minutes with a good group.
Take the 60 tokens. Buy 2 rare level 70 helmets with them. Salvage, and hope you get ecto. Profitiability varies. You could end up with only 26s+drops or you could get 26s+drops+3ecto. (45s on TP right now) per path.

HoTW – path 1. Other paths can be done, but are pretty long.
Same deal as CoF. Clear the run, get the helmet, salvage it.

The other potential ecto dungeons are CoE and Arah. Neither is really worth doing for that chance at ecto. Also as far as I am aware, no other dungeon has money drops like AC does.

Other money making -
Events, cursed shore, Frostgorge, ETC. While it seems counter productive, you usually want to find the events with a few people, but not too many. Tagging monsters can be hard in certain events, especially with bots. I can fill a 110 slot inventory in 1 grenth completion, but if I were to do pentinent 10+ times i’d probably still have slots left over because the mobs are dead before I can even hit them. The end chests also have a chance (albeit slight) for legendary precursors. Which, if you are doing them to reach that 1million karma, does mean you’ll be opening them quite a few times.

Other farm spots -
Anywhere lodestones drop. Lodestones can come from dungeon chests. But at the end of the day you could always saddle up the MF gear and go grind NW corner of frostgorge hoping for corrupted lodestones.

Anywhere specific crafting mats drop – blood, poison sacks, and scales are always in high demand. I know that the krait and ooze in WvWvW have a fairly high chance of armored scales. I do not know about other zones. But if you think youve found a good spot for it you could try these.

Good post. I’ve got about 95 gold and haven’t played the TP or run many dungeons (about 4 total).

Everything under your "Other money making – " section is how I play and I can attest to it’s correctness. People sitting at Pentinent wondering why they can’t tag anything — wrong thing to wonder about…better yet, go find events that spawn 10+ mobs per wave…but just you and another fellow are doing it. Then, you’ll be drowning in the drops.

Same with what you say about mobs for high-end mats. I’m pretty sure but any lvl 80 (maybe 78+?) elemental mob drops those high end loadstone style mats. So sparks, frost elementals, oozes, earth elementals, the doods up in NW and NE corner of frostgorge, etc.

Basically, play the game like it was designed to play. Don’t sit in one spot all day like you did in WoW/Rift/SWTOR. It won’t work and then you’ll come to the forums with frustrations about DR and grind.

Cezton.2415

I hate making money in this game. It’s an absolute chore and I don’t feel anything I do is a good way to do it. I’m always barely living above the poverty line.

I feel what you’re saying, believe me, I do.

There have been some useful tips in this thread, no doubt, but I still stand by what I said in the original post for the most part. Money making feels extremely dull in this game, and as a result I’m pretty much forcing myself to get out of the mentality that money is something that I need. It’s more of a want to drool over cosmetics.

Today I did a few CoF and AC runs and made about 2 gold just from doing those. I also got some tokens to go towards some gear and a new hammer. On the side I did a full gathering run hitting every elder wood, omnom, orichalcum and mithril node in Malchor/Cursed/Frostgorge and made the usual 2g 50s from that and a few drops.

I have no issues with making a under 10g a day, but I know that there are others out there with MS Excel really going to town on the way the TP works. I know a guy with over 300 gold and just talking to him makes me jealous. I can’t work the auction house that well, and at most I only end up making 20s to 80s after a long period of waiting, and even then undercutting and price fluctuations are a plague for me.

There’s something missing. Me and a friend hit up Frostgorge earlier and killed elementals for over an hour. All we got were claws which really go for nothing I find, ice shards and the scatter blue/green. I haven’t even seen a lodestone before.

Tomorrow is another day, and right now I’m wondering if there are set loot tables for certain enemies in this game, or if everything is random. The area near Grenth in Cursed Shore has upwards of 100 people at times lately, to the point where enemies just disappear the second they appear. Pentient path/Jofast and all those events aren’t even worth the time anymore. Things are feeling a bit dull.

I really do like the dungeons though. They are a nice change of atmosphere so far.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

Some things should be worth more than they are…large amounts of gold and static merchant prices made certain items much easier to come by…with thousands of gold its easy to throw major runes at 1s a pop into the mystic forge and hope for a good superior..hopefully the next expansion allows a much more even handed playing field. The best economy of the game was when the auction house was down.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Personally I have been stacking up money rather easily, I bought extra character slots, extra bank slots and extra bag slots using gold while levelling, HOW I did it was by keeping certain things in mind such as:

I only bought trait books during levelling (apart from the above), don’t buy cultural or anything like that, don’t buy tons of crafting materials.

Gather everything in sight, either for your own crafting or for selling. It’s easy to do while completing zones.

Do a zone 100% (if none of the skillpoints are bugged at least). This nets you not only 2 items which might be nice to use for levelling yourself, it also gives you quite a sum of money, 40x crafting materials and experience.

Don’t teleport all the time, sometimes having an efficient route through a zone will save you tons of money. If you want to go to lions arch and want to save cash? press H, go to the mists, use the asura gate. It saves you 1-2s each time you do it.

Reselling not your thing? Buy an orichalcum pick, axe and sickle. Check Malchor’s Leap and Cursed Shore for 5 orichalcum veins, 5 orrian saplings and omnomberries in both zones.

Another thing I did when I just hit lvl 80 was farm alot of events in Orr, these things can stack up money fast. Why? Alot of mobs = you plant down aoe and get tons of loot, second of all, some of these events happen in rapid succession giving you even more rewards.

There is probably alot more I’m forgetting here but gaining money is not all about earning it, it’s also about not spending money when you don’t have to spend it. Some things are best left for later (such as nice skins etc).