Money making

Money making

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gamedisciple.5680

Gamedisciple.5680

What is an easy way to make money for crafting and getting gear? Is it worth it to go for 400 in crafting or should I just buy gear?

Money making

Posted by: StevenDorsey.2605

StevenDorsey.2605

Its worth it over time, if you are level 30 and have a level 5 armorsmithing skill, it certainly won’t seem worth it at the time, if you level up crafting as you yourself level up and craft stuff then vendor it off, by level 40 or so, from what I hear, you’re making some pretty good whatever-the-heck-it-is-you’re-making.

Money making

Posted by: Feywray.4351

Feywray.4351

Therein lies the problem, your crafting skill will never be at the level you currently are. If you need to craft level 40 gear, then you need level 40 mats from level 40 zones, which you can’t enter until your level 40. By the time you’re done farming the mats to learn the recipies and make the gear for level 40, you’re level 50. So you never catch up till you’re at 80.

Money making

Posted by: Jericho.4258

Jericho.4258

Therein lies the problem, your crafting skill will never be at the level you currently are. If you need to craft level 40 gear, then you need level 40 mats from level 40 zones, which you can’t enter until your level 40. By the time you’re done farming the mats to learn the recipies and make the gear for level 40, you’re level 50. So you never catch up till you’re at 80.

I agree with you, you will not necessarily catch up to your crafting skill. However, if you look at your gear progessively as you level, you are depending on drops to upgrade your gear. And drops are a random chance and dont always give you the stats you want. When I hit 80, I was rocking quite a few items that were between level 50-75, primarily because I prefered the power/precision stats as I leveled. I was a weaponsmith so my weapon was always up to date, but not my armor.
If you keep your crafting up to your level, you guarantee that:
1) Whatever trade you specialize in, those peices of gear will never be more than 3-10 levels behind you.
2) You can pick and choose your stats.
3) You can sell / salvage all the items you get.
4) You make a dent in how much time you will spend on it later. All in all you will spend the same amount oftime going from 0-400. But you will spread it out so its enjoyable and not a grind.
5) You get a TON TON TON of experience with the discovery system. I level 4 levels in the 70-80 bracket of my leveling on Weaponsmithing alone.

The list could go on.

~Warbrek~ Level 80 Norn Warrior
~Josiah Jericho~ Level 80 Human Thief

Money making

Posted by: Avalron.1569

Avalron.1569

Drops from drakes got me 1G in like a hour and a half, you can try that.

Money making

Posted by: Dorpen.4653

Dorpen.4653

Drops from drakes got me 1G in like a hour and a half, you can try that.

I think he would be better off farming copper and selling it on the TP honestly.