Monthly Achievement tasks keep increasing.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Renegadek.1096

Renegadek.1096

OK. So I don’t understand why my Monthly Achievement tasks keep going up. For instance, I needed 50 veterans killed to complete one task. As soon as I hit 50 the task changed to 75 veterans. It’s like I can’t ever catch up. Anyone know why this happens?
Thanks for the help!

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

the achievements are broken into tiers.

If you mouse over the progress bar it will tell you which tier you are currently on (ex: tier 3 of 4).

There’s also an icon at the right end of the bar that tells you which tier you’re currently working on and the color of this icon lets you know if it’s the final tier.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The goal is 100 veterans, 500 salvages, 100 events … that’s off the top of my head. Jumping puzzles you just need 12, and Fractals are just 10, which you can do inside of 3 runs if at least one run is of an even number level so you get the bonus fractal.

Renegadek.1096

Thanks. That’s interesting. I don’t see why they just don’t put the final numbers required as THE monthly goals. Guess I’ll just keep on killing stuff. :-)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Thanks. That’s interesting. I don’t see why they just don’t put the final numbers required as THE monthly goals. Guess I’ll just keep on killing stuff. :-)

Yah, I don’t really get the logic of the tiered system either. I guess maybe its to make the goal seem less intimidating or something, but really, I’d rather know up-front how many I need and how close I am than think I’m done and suddenly “Poof, you aren’t actually done, do another 25”.

Unless its just for the sake of adding more achievement points (you get points per tier finished). Maybe they want people to gradually get achievement points so you can still get some if you don’t actually finish the whole thing, rather than getting them all at the end only if you do it all.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They do that tiered thing on a bunch of titles/tasks in the hero panel. The slayer and weapon master achievements are broken down into tiers also for example. I guess it’s so that people can get rewarded for progressing but it can be a bit confusing for people who don’t realize it’s tiered and see the endpoint keep moving.

Maybe a better way would have been to have one bar with marks along the way, where you get achievement points for reaching a mark.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yah, I don’t really get the logic of the tiered system either. I guess maybe its to make the goal seem less intimidating or something, but really, I’d rather know up-front how many I need and how close I am than think I’m done and suddenly “Poof, you aren’t actually done, do another 25”.

Unless its just for the sake of adding more achievement points (you get points per tier finished). Maybe they want people to gradually get achievement points so you can still get some if you don’t actually finish the whole thing, rather than getting them all at the end only if you do it all.

Completion of each tier gives exp. Waaaay back before release in the blog post about these things they mentioned that they wanted people to get something out of these things even if they don’t finish the whole thing.

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

On the right side of the UI, when you follow your monthly, it shows the complete number. Only in your hero tab you see the tiers.
I like the tiers. It gives additional EXP and achievement points.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Maybe a better way would have been to have one bar with marks along the way, where you get achievement points for reaching a mark.

Yah, that sounds like a much better solution. Just have benchmarks in certain places on the bar that award experience when completed just like the current tiers, but still allow you to see your total progress toward full completion at a glance as well.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I like that there are tiers (achievement points and exp at each tier), but I’d like to know the full number as well as the tier number:
“Monthly events: 12/25 (tier 1 of 4, 100 total)”

Renegadek.1096

Well now it makes sense! I never realized I got XP when I finished an intermediate goal. Thanks for all the helpful comments/replies!

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Are the laureals worth it? I saw that one can buy rings/earing/amulets (mainly) but it takes an insane amount for just one (whole, as in with the upgrade slot fileld) item.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Are the laureals worth it? I saw that one can buy rings/earing/amulets (mainly) but it takes an insane amount for just one (whole, as in with the upgrade slot fileld) item.

They have bigger numbers.

They make the game easier since you now have higher stats and the monsters stay the same. Maybe noticeably easier, maybe not depending on things like how you are doing now and what stats you are doing for. It definitely won’t turn you into a god walking amongst mortals.

They are also eventually required if you plan to do high level fractals.

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Hi everyone,

Monthly achievements are medium-length goals that reward experience. Each monthly achievement is made up of a certain number of tiers. Completing each tier awards you 3% experience toward your next level. There’s also a chance of getting an additional item as a reward.

Please, feel free to check http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Monthly

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

I find it a pain too. I get the purpose of the tier system, but it would be better if the menu showed the total numbers as well as the current tier numbers.

If you do want to check your true totals, the easiest way to do so is to add that particular achievement to your tracker by clicking the check box. This will put it up in the right hand corner of your screen. That tracker will show your actual goal instead of your current tier goal.

Jumping puzzles you just need 12

Just to clarify this in case anyone is wondering, the key here is 12 unique JPs. They can be ones you’ve done before, but you can’t do, say, the pirate cave in LA 12 different times to get your 12 JPs done.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Veterans are very easy too… 1 Ascalon fractal and you have your monthly veterans

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

StriderShinryu is right, I should have been clear on that. I did the 12 puzzles last month including a few I’d never seen and it was a lot of fun. The only reason I haven’t done all 12 this month yet is that I am saving them for some RP adventures.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

lol at Orangensaft. what works better than ascalon fractal: molten foundry.
hmmm, estimates:
ascalon fractal level 30: ~10 mobs outside the gate, 5 groups of 8 mobs in the gate, 5 groups of 3 mobs in the courtyard, 3 kills of squire = 68 vets
molten foundry: 5 groups of 4 vets in the tunnel, 3 groups of 5 vets in the chilled rooms, 10 groups of 3 vets near prisoners, 5 groups of 3 vets between these = 80 vets
I know I’m off, but one thing is for sure: 2 runs of either of those will do you for monthly (as happened to me this month :P)