Monthly Experience Survivor

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Q:

A while back, I got up to 43,431 experience and then logged off for the night. Unfortunately, I found out that logging out is the same as dying for that achievement.

Now it sits at that amount of experience and doesn’t increase. It seems you must gain all the experience without zoning, using a waypoint, logging out, going into a personal story, and perhaps some other things.

I wish it had just reset my experience back to zero so I could tell my current level of experience. If that experience is not counting then why is it even showing?

My question is: How do you know how much experience you currently have towards the monthly achievement?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

(edited by Katz.5143)

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

A:

The tracker for the monthly and global achievement is bugged and has been for some time.

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

It works just fine (In the way that it is working at the moment anyway) thought it is not working as it is supposed to.

You can’t tell how much you have currently until you pass your previous amount, but you cannot leave the instance you are in for it as this also counts. You literally have to get 100k exp all in one zone.

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I just crafted my way for the achievement. Was pretty easy since I saved up enough mats for 40 levels.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Posted by: DreamThief.9812

DreamThief.9812

Crafting is definitely the way to go for this achievement. Using a booster helps out a ton. Just have your mats saved up and ready to go. With all the improvements to the crafting UI, discoveries have been made super simple. No longer do you need to stack all your items in your bags to see what fits together!

I get what the OP is saying, though. I was so frustrated when I was stuck at 74k without knowing how close I was getting to even matching my previous benchmark.