Monthly- Experience Survivor

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

I can’t progress on this achievement. I’ve been stuck at 27/50K almost since Launch (played Headstart).

If it’s just what it seems- playing without wiping; it seems the only way to achieve it is to avoid everything that makes GW2 fun. No dynamic events, no boss fights, no PVP (including Wv3), no Skill Points, etc… just pure grinding… maybe with a couple XP enhancers.

Is this really what Arenanet intended? Or is my account bugged?

Really frustrated. I get the daily’s easy, but monthly is just out of reach.

Posted by: Azkure.5782

Azkure.5782

From what I understand, you have to do this all in one session. I cannot remember where I read that, but people have tested it out several ways and have found that you have to do it all in one area and cannot log out, leave the zone, or die (of course). It does become easier to obtain once you are higher level when you get more XP per kill and doing events, heart quests, etc. I am level 47 and the highest I got was 61k/75k, an intend to get it today while questing in a new area.

My suggestion is to find a new area that you have not done anything in and then do everything (quests, POIs, Vistas, gathering, etc.).

Posted by: torskeye.7301

torskeye.7301

I have done the monthly.
The thing is you have do get all the XP in the same zone and same session.
You can use waypoints aslong they are in the same zone.
The progress restarts if you die, using a portal or waypoint to a different zone
It will also restart if you leaving overflow.
When you look at your achivment it will show the highest xp you been at. When you get more the 27K it will start moving again.

The achivment is easy when you are higher level.

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Thanks for the tips~ I’ll give it a shot tonight. I’m sure there’s a faction area I haven’t hit yet somewhere.

Posted by: torskeye.7301

torskeye.7301

And when you are level 80 you will do this in 20min. 3-4 events should be enough.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

What level are you ? I’ve heard that it’s much easier to attain at 80 – that it amounts to basically 1/4 of a level then.

Curious to know that it doesn’t count across characters and such. I’ll have to check that out.

Posted by: prophet.3461

prophet.3461

Not counting between sessions is bad, then its not survivor its just an experience record……

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

Farthest I’ve gotten is 57k. I’m getting a bit frustrated since I can’t actually do anything with this and it is the only monthly achievement that’s blocking completion.

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Get to 80, or just do professions, when i was lowby i did that thing with professions, easy and safe

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Posted by: Grant.6512

Grant.6512

I agree that it needs fixed to include records from different sessions.

People don’t like when they state how easy this is at level 80 either. I recently got this achievement from just crafting. I was level 75 and I went from platinum to mithril in jewel crafting. Being a bit behind I had a bunch of mithril stored up (about 150-200). I got the achievement solely from making mithril ingots and then making bands/settings. (this was Augusts achievement). For this months I was completing events in cursed shore, and it literally took about 30 minutes if that. Each event gives ~25-30k exp for gold contrib so it doesn’t take long at all.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

It needs to be changed to go across multiple sessions and while changing zones, instance, waypoints, etc. Just as long as I don’t die. I’m stuck at the first tier of that achievement as well and I don’t want to sit around for a few hours in one zone just for this. It just sounds like a broken achieve if it isn’t more reasonable for lower level players.

Ceallach.8740

It needs to be changed to go across multiple sessions and while changing zones, instance, waypoints, etc. Just as long as I don’t die. I’m stuck at the first tier of that achievement as well and I don’t want to sit around for a few hours in one zone just for this. It just sounds like a broken achieve if it isn’t more reasonable for lower level players.

Perhaps making it scale with level would be reasonable. However, in the time of a month, you’re almost certainly going to level up if you play the game any at all.

Then what happens ? Does it just “add on” to the xp needed ? Seems like that would make it kind of futile, though do-able. If it’s “1/4” of a level, you’d hit it less than 1/4 into your next level.

However, this would make it ridiculously easy to attain during the first levels so there has to be some “starting point”, bare minimum of xp needed to get it.

I don’t know what the right answer is, but kind of sucks for lower level people, yes. I hardly ever die during PvE (when I do, it’s usually in a situation I know will be tough going in – so if I wanted the achievement, I’d avoid those things) and know I still won’t be seeing that achievement for a long time since I’m not rushing to level.

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

They just need to take “Survivor” out of the monthly thing. It’s unattainable unless you’re running a higher level and it’s unfair to block everything just on this one inherently unattainable (without crafting, or mindlessly doing the same event 80 times) goal.

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

Freyar, what level are you? If you’re a lower level, then just run an entire zone that you havent been to before? You get way more experience exploring then you would “grinding”. You should also be harvesting nodes you find along the way, they too give more xp than killing a mob.

Keep in mind this game was seemingly designed from the point of view of exploration and enjoying content as priorities. If you relax about it, sit back, not worry about leveling, etc, and enjoy the wandering, immersion, and exploration, the you will find the various achievements and so on to fly by, since you will be doing them automatically.

Ceallach.8740

Freyar, what level are you? If you’re a lower level, then just run an entire zone that you havent been to before? You get way more experience exploring then you would “grinding”. You should also be harvesting nodes you find along the way, they too give more xp than killing a mob.

Keep in mind this game was seemingly designed from the point of view of exploration and enjoying content as priorities. If you relax about it, sit back, not worry about leveling, etc, and enjoy the wandering, immersion, and exploration, the you will find the various achievements and so on to fly by, since you will be doing them automatically.

While I agree with your philosophy, trying to get it at a lower level takes the fun out of the game. While going through that zone, you can’t do anything fun – you can’t explore areas that look “bad” (tightly packed mobs, mobs you’ve never fought before who you might not know hit hard or what animations signal a strong attack), you can’t try to participate in a lot of skill challenges or group events / bosses – so you’re really just running through the zone avoiding everything.

I’d rather just wait until 80 than do that.

Posted by: Syanda.3047

Syanda.3047

I actually had no major problems doing this at lower levels. Its MUCH easier than doing Survivor back in GW. The simplest way is probably to find an unexplored zone that you’re at the upper level bound of, then try to 100% it without dying. Shouldn’t be too difficult if you play normally. Here’s some tips.

1. Harvest everything you see. Its basically free exp.
2. Stick to areas where there are other players, help them kill stuff.
3. If you see a dead NPC or player without any threats nearby, revive ‘em
4. Pick your fights carefully. There shouldn’t be a problem handling up to two mobs, but if there’s three or more of them, just run.
5. Consider maximizing your toughness or vitality in the interim, maximize your own survivability.
6. Events usually give good exp, and you can get a solid chunk even if you’re not around to finish it.
7. If you’ve got an elite summon, equip it. Its usually excellent for taking the heat off you in a pinch.

Once you’re 80 though, just run a couple of events in Straits of Devastation and bam, Survivor done.

Posted by: Uberlicious.3956

Uberlicious.3956

i got this done in WvW over the course of a few hours at level 40 easy enough

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The big limitation for lower level is not being able to zone or take a break and log back in.

Posted by: K Cross.3458

K Cross.3458

Believe me the easiest way to get this achievement if you aren’t high lvl is Crafting. I wasn’t even trying to get this achievement and got it just by crafting. I took me around 2 hours to get it, and only because I was still learning how to craft.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This achievement can be done in 10 minutes with crafting or about 30 minutes (4 events) in a zone. If they made it any easier to obtain they might as well take it out.

This is meant for level 80’s, if you can’t get it as a lower level then it is ok because the rewards are for level 80 crafting, so if you are not level 80 and you can’t get there in a month then it isn’t really an issue. The monetary and experience reward for this achievement are really poor so the only reason to do it is for the level 80 mystic coins you receive.

As far as I have been able to tell it only resets if you die or change zones, so you should be able to do it just by clearing a whole zone (around level 40) without dying. I did the August one in the centaur area where there is a chain of like 3 events that ends with a centaur boss. took me about 2 hours doing it with that event chain.

Posted by: Dotimus.7096

Dotimus.7096

Dotimus Prime
High Grade Gaming
Guild Master

Posted by: Acerac.6428

Acerac.6428

Why does it reset if you change zones? That is absolutely absurd…

Posted by: Dante.7950

Dante.7950

for me i had a warrior, leveled it from 1 to 21 (still yet to die…) and got it at 14? i think, since you need 200k xp overall if im not mistaken… cant remember my level though… but what i suggest is if you do cooking, it helps alot (i didnt notice my xp bar go up for survivor while cooking though… odd glitch… but when i killed a few mobs after that i got the achievement) dno if this helps but just a suggestion which worked great for me

Posted by: Ridonk.4013

Ridonk.4013

Easiest way to get this achievement is to do it via crafting. I saved all of my collectibles after the August monthly and then did it all at once. It’s an extremely easy way to get it, while serving the benefit of also helping you to level your crafting. Discovery XP alone should be enough to get you where you want to go. If you max a proff out, just swap to one you haven’t done!

Ridonk – Stormbluff Isle’s

[LoKi] – Jotnar Elite

Posted by: Dotimus.7096

Dotimus.7096

Why does it reset if you change zones? That is absolutely absurd…

It’s actually not as big a deal as it seems it would be. 100k XP blows by fast in the higher level zones. After 80, grinding events and farming mobs (currently doing trolls) gains me well over 100k quickly.

Another cheap way to do it is to save up a ton of crafting materials, grab a crafting booster (you might not even need it) and level up your craft. Crafting can give tons of experience if you do it correctly and efficiently.

Dotimus Prime
High Grade Gaming
Guild Master