Monthly Salvages

Monthly Salvages

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hedgietto.7684

Hedgietto.7684

Q:

So a semi-new player here (about a month in), so bear with me if I don’t understand something – I’m still trying to fully immerse myself in the lore and the meta.

I’ve been steadily progressing through the monthly, and I’m done with everything now (basically) except for the 500 salvages (I only have ~125). Any suggestions for completing it? I don’t think I’m going to be able to find another 400 salvage items, and I don’t have enough cash to make salvaging most weapon/armor drops worth it.

Monthly Salvages

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

One trick would be to level a crafting profession and salvage the stuff you make. Not cooking, of course, can’t salvage food.

I’ve just been salvaging every white, blue, and green I got that wasn’t an immediate upgrade (which just meant salvaging my previous piece of gear). I still need around 200 salvages iirc. I suppose if you are doing that and you sell the mats you get then you can re-invest in cheap half-silver items to salvage again in order to cut the costs.

Monthly Salvages

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

Well you still have over half the month left, I basically just salvage whites and the salvage items and Im nearing the end of tier 3, just keep at it.

If your not finding many salvage items try running a few dungeons or do some big events with lots of monsters with a team.

Monthly Salvages

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

Salvage blue and white gear. The stuff you get from salvage is worth equal money to the money you would get from vendoring the gear

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Monthly Salvages

Posted by: Hedgietto.7684

Hedgietto.7684

Thanks for the replies! I wasn’t sure if salvaging whites was worth it, but I guess you’re right, LithePanther – it’s an equal tradeoff. This is still going to take a substantial amount of time, though xD