Most Powerful Class

Most Powerful Class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: chewy.2183

chewy.2183

Q:

Which class is the most powerful in your experience?

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

I want to say Guardian has some serious power but thats because a lot fo their skills seem to mesh well together. A grenade/elixir engineer when played well does pounds of damage though quickly. No wind up like the elementalist.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Animus.6073

Animus.6073

You should reword your title to most powerful player. The profession matters, but not nearly as much as the skill of the player behind it.

The game is not unbalanced enough where one single profession outplays all the others. There are some that shine with low skill ceilings and some that shine with high skill ceilings.

Also, you may want to specify if you are referring to PvE or PvP or WvW, etc. There are certain professions that do better in one rather than the others, and some that are moderate in all, and some that need a bit of polish in certain areas.

These kinds of questions are best answered by playing the game yourself and discovering what you personally believe to be the “most powerful class.”

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

A good player can make any class look like the most powerful class. It’s the reason behind all of the “X class is overpowered!!” complaint threads.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

The answer to this question is the Thief. With the ablity to steath abuse, and further steath while they FINISH you, the Theif is filled with grief.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

I agree with the two above.

I have played Elementalist(11), Mesmer(31), Engineer(80), Warrior(10), Ranger(12), and Gaurdian(11). They all seemed to have the same amount of power to me. It alld epends on how you play them. If you stack vitality and toughness on a Engineer, you get one tanky engineer, but doesnt deal much power. Stack Power and Vitality on a Engineer, you get semi durable, high damage Engineer. Power and Precision, you deal pounds of damage but cant take a hit.

Its all int he player. If you know how to counter a class, or get the most out of yours, your good to go.

Thieves are good, but I know how to counter them, so its whatever.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

All professions are equal, there is no rock, paper or siccor here.

In the hands of the right player any class is as deadly as the next. They all suit different playstyles/people depending on traits, weapon options and utility/elite skills. And it all works differently from player to player.

My friend plays a bombkit/granade specced engi, I play a rifle/gadget/toolbelt engi, we both destroy people in BGs, but if I tried his spec I would be bottom last.

Same with my mesmer, rocked in beta with the spec I used, messed (no pun intended) around with some other specs during live which didnt suit me as much, went back to my beta spec a few days ago and now the class works perfectly for me.

It’s all about the little things and the players style. For instance, I suck at playing a dps elementalist type, I play very well as a support mentalist, though it bores me to death. Thief I’m not very good at and I’m ok with the warrior (rifle + 2x axes). I’ve just found my specs with the other classes and handle them well. I need serious training with thief and elementalist and could use some for warrior too.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: GrimShade.8091

GrimShade.8091

Is this a survey to see what class needs to be nerfed?

If everyone pointed to one class it will be hit with the nerf stick.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

Thief, if played well.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you believe the forum sections for the individual professions every single one was broken at launch and has since been nerfed.

I’ve only tried it to about level 10 but I found the guardian the easiest to play, on the basis that I never really read what any of my skills did and was doing content intended for twice my level by basically button mashing.

At the other end of the scale I think the thief and possibly the ele have the most potential as glass cannons, which means if played right they can be extremely powerful, but it can all go wrong easily.

But my personal favourite is the ranger because I enjoy it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Vlaxitov.5693

Vlaxitov.5693

There are stronger classes.

There are classes that are harder or easier to play.

Every class has a place in the eternal alchemy.

People claiming that the classes are equal also coincidentally mention how good they are at the game.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Ranger.

Oh… wait…

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: chewy.2183

chewy.2183

……..So engineer?

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Skaldir.5319

Skaldir.5319

Depend if WvW or spvp. I played mostly engi.

WvW : thief, mesmer , guardian
Spvp : mesmer , and sometime thief.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

I play guardian and tend to kill most and I’ll be honest I’m pretty poor but still win,either that or I have actually go my build right

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: mokaiba.4169

mokaiba.4169

I agree with the two above.

I have played Elementalist(11), Mesmer(31), Engineer(80), Warrior(10), Ranger(12), and Gaurdian(11). They all seemed to have the same amount of power to me. It alld epends on how you play them. If you stack vitality and toughness on a Engineer, you get one tanky engineer, but doesnt deal much power. Stack Power and Vitality on a Engineer, you get semi durable, high damage Engineer. Power and Precision, you deal pounds of damage but cant take a hit.

Its all int he player. If you know how to counter a class, or get the most out of yours, your good to go.

Thieves are good, but I know how to counter them, so its whatever.

I have played:
Elementalist(18) annoyed at skills, dies easily
Mesmer(7) so far its been fun
Engineer(5) so far its been fun
Warrior(80) lvl 82 gear = unstoppable in cursed shore
Ranger(48) fun but somewhat slow
Gaurdian(45) so far its been fun

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

The most powerful class for any given player is that class the mechanics of which suit that player’s playstyle and capabilities.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: MindReaver.3126

MindReaver.3126

PvE specifically, and I just made a post about it in the necro forums…
The Necromancer.

I feel like my necromancer does more AoE damage than my other professions can do single target and she does it all while blinding, weakening and crippling the mobs.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

None. They are all perfectly balanced

Please don’t nerf my profession.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

It you put all 8 classes in front of training dummies with 100,000 health each and have each of the classes deal damage to their own dummy the best way possible, there’s going to be a profession that kills their dummy the fastest. There’s nothing subjective about a game that deals with math. If you don’t know the answer which class deals most damage on spot, it doesn’t mean that there is no correct answer.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: gduber.9756

gduber.9756

Don’t give me the ’it’s the player’ garbage. If all the professions were just as powerful as the next then we would see a more even population spread of professions, but we don’t. And it’s not about the user-friendliness either, because most players will work with complex professions if they felt like the reward for what they put into it was fair. Some professions are great, and some should not have made been released in their current form. Plain and simple.

I have an 80 warrior, thief and ranger. PvP with my warrior it simply destroys. I farm with my ranger because of its ability to tag large groups of mobs slightly more efficiently than my warrior and theif, but I don’t do as well with her in PvP. My thief is cute, and enjoys modeling her vast array of dyes.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: TakaEagle.9486

TakaEagle.9486

Yeah Yeah Yeah. “Player skill” is priority. If this was true; why is spvp filled with mesmers, warriors and thieves? Why is it that i don’t see any rangers anymore? Cause Anet went and nerfed there already underpowered bottoms! That’s why.

Eles, Rangers and Necros are underpowered. Not by a significant amount, but it is evident. All other classes are pretty balanced.

S H U N P O [TS]
Sea Of Sorrows Commander

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Drgori.5724

Drgori.5724

There are no most powerful, every class can counter others classes attacks some how and have a good chance to win if you know how to play your class. What we have now is some issues with Thief’s rendering making them stealth forever and some broken Mesmer skills with portals cheating on W3

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

It you put all 8 classes in front of training dummies with 100,000 health each and have each of the classes deal damage to their own dummy the best way possible, there’s going to be a profession that kills their dummy the fastest. There’s nothing subjective about a game that deals with math. If you don’t know the answer which class deals most damage on spot, it doesn’t mean that there is no correct answer.

Of course, if you are downed or dead, your damage drops considerably, so this test would only be relevant if nothing was shooting back. In addition, it doesn’t account for how much damage is AoE (useful in some situations, not others), how much is Condition (works on some targets, not others), and what the damage vs. time looks like. 10,000 damage in 1 second which can’t be repeated for 20 seconds may be more useful in a PvP situation, for example, then 20,000 damage per 10 seconds which can be kept up indefinitely, but the latter may be more useful in a dungeon.

And that’s just the damage side, it doesn’t include support which may win more PvP and dungeon encounters then just hitting stuff or versatility for different situations. Which is why if the OP ever gets a consistent answer to their question in a MMO, they should avoid that MMO, as the game hasn’t balanced their classes well.

Most Powerful Class

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Sorry, thats not a viable test. People just dont stand there and take hits, people also dont have the same thoughness, health or armor across the board. Damage isnt everything. So players tailor their toon around control, others around survivability, others around dps. Thats why no class is better than the other, except in the hands of good/bad players.

A thief might be brilliant at taking out lone targets very fast, but he brings less utility with that spec and offers less to a group combat situation. He will die fast and will most likely be the first target since hes a squishy. He also brings very little utility support compared to any other class.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.