Moving Overseas

Moving Overseas

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

So I’m currently on a NA server as I’m in the US, but I’m going to be moving to Japan in about 2 months. Will I be able to stay on my current server? Anybody had any experience playing on a NA server from there? Are NA servers what people in that area normally play on?

I’m a little concerned, so any info at all would be great!

[Yay]

Moving Overseas

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can certainly stay on the same server. The main issue would be timezone. Shouldn’t be an issue on a busy server but on a less busy one you might be playing when everyone else is sleeping. I play on an EU server from the US(east coast) and I haven’t had much problem. Same for friend playing from west coast and asia. I didn’t hear any complaints from the person playing from Australia either and you should be much better off in Japan.

Moving Overseas

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m sure since you are moving there you already know about the time difference so playing on a NA server from Japan, in the morning you would be playing with NA players that are playing at night and vice versa.

This time of year it probably wouldn’t be too bad as younger players are out of school and weekends should be okay.

As the time of this post it’s 10:27 AM in Tokyo.

The Burninator

Moving Overseas

Posted by: Morbyd.3761

Morbyd.3761

Yeah, I’ve thought about the time difference. It kinda sucks because I’ll probably rarely be able to play with my guild. At least I’ll be good on my server though. Thanks for the info.

[Yay]

Moving Overseas

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Yeah, I’ve thought about the time difference. It kinda sucks because I’ll probably rarely be able to play with my guild. At least I’ll be good on my server though. Thanks for the info.

Just tell them to get their lazy rears out of bed on Saturday morning.

The Burninator

Moving Overseas

Posted by: skrymir.1260

skrymir.1260

I am an American living in the Philippines for a couple of years and am on the Sea of Sorrows server and I have had no problems playing a NA server overseas. SOS is nice because it has a large Aussie population, other servers might be a bit dead however during your play times.

You can also belong to multiple guilds so you can always find one that is more conducive to your TZ