Multi Click Macro Bannable?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

I was wondering if a multi click macro on my keyboard is a bannable offense? I don’t feel like using it to click stacks of essence of luck and opening multiple bags would be something that gives me an advantage over others.

-Skydis

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

You can totally do that for stacks. One click one action is their policy. It’s very useful for luck and bags and buying things you need large numbers of that don’t have a confirmation message.

Name.9128

You can totally do that for stacks. One click one action is their policy. It’s very useful for luck and bags and buying things you need large numbers of that don’t have a confirmation message.

Oh sweet, that definitely helps. All that clicking killed my hands and seemed like a waste of mouse life.
Thanks for the help

-Skydis

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

I broke my last mouse because of so much clicking, now I just use a macro to do the clicking for me.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

clearly said that it is an bannable reason .

hf and risk your accounts instead of use mouse keys

Press alt shift numpad

numpad + becomes an accessibility hotkey for double click

Mouse over your stack, spam numpad +

thats legit and fine

macros and multi clickers are not. they are forbidden.

Gaile Gray wrote

As part of ArenaNet’s policy on third-party programs, we are often asked about multi-boxing and the use of macros. Here is our policy:

Macros

Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.

This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.
You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros/first#post1532762

and also 9 months ago Gaile wrote

We have never approved the use of auto-clickers. The policy linked by Ic makes it clear, specifically clear.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/AutoClicker-Macro-Legal-Still/first#post4666463

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

clearly said that it is an bannable reason .

hf and risk your accounts instead of use mouse keys

Press alt shift numpad

numpad + becomes an accessibility hotkey for double click

Mouse over your stack, spam numpad +

thats legit and fine

macros and multi clickers are not. they are forbidden.

Gaile Gray wrote

As part of ArenaNet’s policy on third-party programs, we are often asked about multi-boxing and the use of macros. Here is our policy:

Macros

Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.

This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.
You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros/first#post1532762

and also 9 months ago Gaile wrote

We have never approved the use of auto-clickers. The policy linked by Ic makes it clear, specifically clear.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/AutoClicker-Macro-Legal-Still/first#post4666463

By that they mean, you can’t map in a key combo. Like skill rotation to one key. If it where true. I would have been band long ago. I’ve used it for years for stacks of ToT bags and other holiday/event containers.

ANet are only responsible for what they say, not what you understand. And by auto clickers, there are programs that do this for you, and you can put them.on a timer, so this could be classed as botting.

As long as the one button you press performs one action, you are fine. That’s what is meant by one click one action.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

there are also enough cheater outside still

only cause you are lucky and wasnt restricted to open e.g 20 bags with one click ( = auto clicker) out now doesnt mean its legal.

btw press one button = one action isnt really a macro or auto clicker! Its just to bind mouse click to another button and thats of course totally fine. But programming an macro that open 20 bags with one click / click 20 times in 2 sec e.g. isnt allowed

take care

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

only cause you are lucky and wasnt restricted to open e.g 20 bags with one click ( = auto clicker) out now doesnt mean its legal.

btw press one button = one action isnt really a macro or auto clicker! Its just to bind mouse click to another button and thats of course totally fine. But programming an macro that open 20 bags with one click / click 20 times in 2 sec e.g. isnt allowed

take care

As I said, auto clickers, are a program you can program to click things while you are AFK. A one button macro still requires you to press the button. As long as that button is only doing one action. It is fine. If its opening your inventory, opening the bags and closing it, for instance.

I don’t see how this would flag anything as an exploit. Its not like you are gaining an advantage over anyone, or being able to play the game better.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Name.9128

take care

As I said, auto clickers, are a program you can program to click things while you are AFK. A one button macro still requires you to press the button. As long as that button is only doing one action. It is fine. If its opening your inventory, opening the bags and closing it, for instance.

I don’t see how this would flag anything as an exploit. Its not like you are gaining an advantage over anyone, or being able to play the game better.

It’s not an auto clicker for me to go afk and definitely not a macro to set up skill rotation. It’s really hold down a button while my mouse is over a stack of luck and watch it all get consumed. Same with champ bags.

-Skydis