Multiple " - " Commands in Exe?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hey guys. I have an issue with my launcher, in that it completely hangs. I have been using a workaround by adding -(string of numbers) to the launcher command line as per the DDOS solution a dev posted.

I thought hey, maybe a -repair will work -- but even with that attached, the launcher hangs. So I’m considering doing a -repair on the workaround address. Can I just add -repair to the -(numbers) with a space between them and have it work?

My Support ticket on this semi-timed out, when I sent a reply rather late to them they just asked for the same files I’d previously sent and when I asked if they needed newer versions I never got a response. I’m sure they’re swamped, and I was very slow to reply on my own part as I was dealing with a three week visit from my mother and the workaround has continued to work I’d rather not pester them if a repair will do the trick but I am not sure how to make it start repairing if I can’t combine – commands.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can combine commands.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Here is an example: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#-password_.5Bstring.5D

Command line arguments may need to be in a certain order, so you could try moving their placement.

(I use two or three on mine.)

Good luck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

if it hangs, that usually means you’ve missed an update

gw2.exe -image

Run that (as a separate shortcut) first. (You might have to manually quit the game from the Task Manager)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Try running the launcher WITHOUT command line options. It is entirely possible that your public IP address has changed and as such, the launcher is actually waiting for you to enter an authorization code because arenanet doesn’t recognize the IP. Happens all the time when I login from a hotel on trips.

Second thing is to give GW2 Launch Buddy a try. It gives you a GUI to select any and all of the command line switches, and it will let you save logins so it will auto log you in. And it will check/repair your client and make sure you’re using the latest one. Not to mention, letting you login to more than one account simultaneously.