Multiple Resource Gathering

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ash.2175

Ash.2175

I am sometimes able to gather nodes more than once. This happens mostly with the plant nodes. I have been able to gather them from 1-4 times within seconds. By that I mean I gather the node and receive the item, but the node is not used and is still available to me. This happens every time I play in many areas, I am usually in a group, I have seen it with many types(copper/iron/steel…) of gathering equipment. With tree or ore nodes it seems that I get the 3 ores or logs, then the node is still available and I can mine/chop 1 additional resource. To be honest, I thought it was just a rng aspect of the game but people I have asked tell me they don’t get the multiple gathers. Sorry I can’t be more specific.

Edit: I just found this issue included in the Bugged World Bonuses thread, but I am not sure what world bonuses were active at the times I’ve been able to multiple gather. My server is Gate Of Madness. Friend who claims to not get multiple gather hits is on the same server.

(edited by Ash.2175)

Posted by: Mercail.3692

Mercail.3692

Is your server doing well in WvW for the gatherer buff?

Posted by: Dagoh.3482

Dagoh.3482

This is caused by the fact that your server has bonusses from WvW in gathering, which gives you a chance to gather more than once (or 1 more time if we’re talking about wood and mining), it can also be caused by the fact that your Guild that you are representing has a Gathering bonus, this also stacks with the WvW bonus which gives you even more chance. But remeber, it is all about CHANCE, that’s the only explaination I can give to the fact that you sometimes have it and your friend has not.

Admin of GW2NL, the biggest Dutch-Belgian Community – http://www.gw2nl.nl

Posted by: Ash.2175

Ash.2175

Hah yup, had no idea that was even a thing.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yeah amazing how they get carrots and onions to grow on the same plant.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.