My plan for Alts

My plan for Alts

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Little Old Lady.3742

Little Old Lady.3742

Hello, so I put this here in PhP to give a little heads up for new players.

“Hello, my name is Little Old Lady and I am an alt-aholic”

Ok so like many I was in the beta weekends and I hit the ground running with my main character (human ranger). I didn’t want spoilers and I was going to make choices based on what I thought was best. Then the bugs in the personal story stopped my progress for about two of three weeks. We had the invisible ships and NPC that would not follow.. good times, good times.
I did plan out that I would make an alt from each race in the four remaining slots. And I would get gems to unlock the other slots. I wanted to play all 8 professions like I did in gw1. (still no title for that) I did convert gold to gems but that was back when 100 gems were around 40 silver. I did go ahead and buy gems with real money for the other slots. Not knowing how the choices would play out I didn’t plan out what the alts would do or what professions they would be…

Fast forward and now I know what to expect and I have my alts. There are to many splits that. I can’t do them all. But … I can see a lot of them.

To start; character creation….there are around 3 choices (paths) in each race, they will move your personal story along a path. So if you make around 3 alts of each race and mix up the choices you can see many different paths.that gets you to level 30 when you have to join an order.

The two main choices of any race are the orders and the racial sympathy. Any order can be joined by any race, but the sub-race you can help is restricted by race of the character. For example, only Charr and Norn can help the Ogres. So to make sure you get to see all the races you should take a look at the wiki before you choose who to help. That way you will not miss any sub-race story path.

After all the story lines merge you can easily choose different paths with your alts.

My 8 main profession characters;
Ranger, human, lost sister, order of whispers, Hylek
Necromancer, Asura, Dynamic, vigil, Grawl
Guardian, Norn, blacked out, priory, Hylek
Mesmer, Sylvari, shield, priory, quaggen
Engineer, Asura, static, priory, hylek
Warrior, Charr, shaman, vigil, skirtt
Elementalist, Norn, heirloom, vigil, Grawl
Thief, Charr, solider, order of whispers, Ogres

If you are going to start to make and level alts, you might also think about what racial skills go well with which professions. Human guardian get more heals from the gods Charr get mines and bazookas. Those skills are not super powerful but it might be fun to play with them. Asura get robots! Good luck and have fun with your alts.

Little Old Lady, Sea of Sorrows, Robot Adventurers [RA], Tokyo Japan.

My plan for Alts

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

To see every story path you need:

-3 lvl 80
-3 of each race (because the 1st and 2nd part has 3 choices each) (total = 15)

Thats all.

My plan for Alts

Posted by: Little Old Lady.3742

Little Old Lady.3742

-3 lvl 80

Thats all.

Some people just do the personal story up to 30 and then delete the character. I had a charr engineer around level 25 and then deleted them and made it an elementalist

Little Old Lady, Sea of Sorrows, Robot Adventurers [RA], Tokyo Japan.

My plan for Alts

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

-3 lvl 80

Thats all.

Some people just do the personal story up to 30 and then delete the character. I had a charr engineer around level 25 and then deleted them and made it an elementalist

Or you could just make them all warriors if you just want to rush through everything.