Necromancer PvP: The Real Truth

Necromancer PvP: The Real Truth

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: martyrius.8957

martyrius.8957

Hey fellow GW2’ers, just thought i would take some time to talk about one of my favorite classes, the necro.

since pre launch i have rolled either a mesmer or a necro and i must admit, there are alot of people out there who do not understand the classes like they should. but this is about the necro so i will get right to the nitty gritty.

Be it preference or insanity i have always rolled with staff and daggers. most times in pvp i don’t lose and when i do its to the occasional rifle nuke warrior or berserker thief. but i am not a power build i am a pure berserker. many a time when i engage in a 1v1 (all in staged WVW duels between guilds) i surprise my enemies. that is what i believe helps me win. not the actual power of a necro, but the level of intimidation that they posses. i mean cmon, 2 life bars and over 30k normal HP with increased damage is what most people see, but what is it really? vulnerability, limited moves and mobility all the while being a huge target (lich form). about half of the fights imo are won due to intimidation and panic by the enemy. and the other half are won with the only real way a berserker dual dagger necro can win, putting out over 8k damage a second.

With 30/30/0/0/10, forgive me if im wrong : 30 power 30 precision and 10 crit damage.
you can effectively take down most opponents within the first few seconds of a battle.

with well of power & corruption, spectral grasp, hounds of balthazar, and #3 for daggers.

obviously my well nuke build only works if you are a human. so here we go: battle begins, call hounds, immediately use spectral grasp then number 3 throw down both wells and switch to staff evading backwards using #3 to frost him. now both wells do well over 1.5k damage per second + hound aoe damage x2. using staff only gives insurance. but of course every build has its weakness and stun breaks and teleports are obviously this builds weakness. but can be easily countered with a good staff pvper. good luck guys and let me know if i sound ridiculous

80 necro main. 80 mesmer. 80 guardian. 80 thief. 45 elementalist i’m just too lazy.