Need 150 Favor. Help Anyone?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

We are a tiny 3 person guild. That is creeping along to make an arena.
We need 150 favor to finish the arena. Can anyone offer suggestions or a big guild help us?

We do have WvW Guild Claiming Camps (Do not know how to do that or sure if we have enough with only three)

I play from 8 till Midnight
Jen plays form 8 till 10:30 every night.
Another member plays two night a week 8 till Midnight. ( all Eastern Time Zone).

Can anyone give us a plan or a big guild help us out?

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

you can trade influence for Favor, and you can buy influence

Posted by: Unforgiven Azrael.6203

Unforgiven Azrael.6203

you can buy more at vendors in the major cities, though I am no longer sure where there, they are called Guild Promoters.
I am also unsure as to what the exchange rate is

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Are you sure about that? I’m pretty certain influence can not be gained or bought since HoT. Even wiki says the same (unless you have an old consumable)

The Guild Promoters sell favour for influence, but I’m unware of a reverse transaction

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Randulf.7614

My tiny guild has built favour weekly with just 3-4 people. At most 5 on a good (rare) week. pve missions – especially Trek and race (which is co-op on the map with other guilds running it) are a reliable way to earn favour.

We are level 15 and en route to getting Arena 2, currently with 4k unused favour.

Angelica Dream.7103

Looked everywhere and do not see how to buy influence

How do you join with other guilds for Bounty, and trek, I do not see race as an option. thanks for info on this. Never did it before

Randulf.7614

It’s possible race wont unlock for you yet if you haven’t bought a certain upgrade, so lets leave that for now.

Bounties you just work together as a group. If someone is attacking your bounty, you will get credit if you attack as well and complete. It’s a bit hit and miss in finding others doing the bounty you need

Trek is specific to your guild, but is the easiest of them all. 1-3 players can easily complete an easy trek mission by either knowledge (which is the most fun) or using a Dulfy guide. Medium is doable unguided, hard would need a guide.

You can run missions all day long until you complete them (you only get the favour/rewards once)

Angelica Dream.7103

Well we did the trek with two of us easily. thanks

Can we do the Medium Weekly WvW Supply Mines with other guilds?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t know how the WvW missions work except for this caution, learned when I was helping a guild go for one: You won’t get credit if your three grouped guildies aren’t all on the same server. No parallel work on multiple servers for that.

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

You might want to change the option of missions to PvE instead of the default, as default gives you a grab bag of missions between wvw, pvp, and pve. When the missions reset on Mondays, you’ll get only PvE missions instead of the mixed ones. If you can field three people, it usually is enough to do the easy and medium missions. I can usually solo the easy guild trek, with two others, I imagine, the medium guild trek should be pretty easy if all of you have most of the maps explored.

Guild race requires 15 people to cross the finish line. However, you can run the race with other guilds, and all participating guilds gets credit for it.

Unfortunately, I can’t comment on WvW missions, sorry.

You can no longer buy influence. That currency is gone. You can only spend whatever influence you have left over from pre-HoT. I am pretty sure guild race no longer requires an unlock as I never purchased it prior to HoT and I get it as a guild mission every now and then. This week, with pve missions selected, I did not get guild race as one of my missions, so it probably is just out of rotation this week.

Angelica Dream.7103

@ Donari, and Zephic

Thanks for the tips I am slowly getting up to speed with this.

Posted by: Dhaise.5639

Dhaise.5639

We’re a smaller guild and there is a couple of tweaks to favor that may help you get started:

There’s a gear icon in your Guild Mission window, if you’re frequently missing out on missions because you dont have the manpower (cant field a 3 person PVP team,for example) turn off the ‘random’ selection for missions and make it something you can do (PVE for instance).

Bounties. Trilla is the goldmine for “easy” Bounties. She paths pretty consistently around Ebonhawke’s outer ring and ramp. If you ask mapchat, they’ll usually tell you, and more often than not if you take her down near the waypoint, you’ll get people helping. Brekkabek and Poobadoo are also pretty popular/easy so if you get a bounty you dont recognize, keep canceling it until you get one of those three.

Treks (the 5 spot) can be duo’d by two guildies running down the list with time to spare. load up the wiki before you start and use characters with high map completion. By the third week,you’ll be pros at it.

Some of the instanced challenges (like quaggon rescue) can be duo’d if you pay attention and try a couple of times to get the spawns and patterns down.

As of 3 months ago, I bought 3 copies of GW2 Heroic edition (physical) for about 18 bucks a pop and made my FTP alt accounts “core accounts”. Each came with a clicky providing something like 4k influence or something. Not the most cost effective way to get influence/favor- but it was an unexpected perk, and not the reason I upgraded the accounts. I also used those multiple accounts to PVP, so instead of having to wait 10 days or whatever for me to get the reward potions I needed to upgrade, I only had to work on it for about 5.

Knowing which upgrades work best saves you a lot of time. Early on, if you’re scrambling for resources and low on favor, you probably dont need to max out your mine right away, letting you focus on getting XP buffs unlocked (or whatever). The individual expenditures are much higher in a smaller guild, but you can also play lean, and work it into a strength. It also doesnt hurt to flatout ignore scribing until you absolutely have to pick it up.

Getting started is the slow part for smaller guilds. You’ll never be keeping up with the joneses, but with some cooperation and focus you’ll find ways to make it work. good luck.

(edited by Dhaise.5639)