Need Help With Shiverpeak Explorer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

I somehow managed to get 100% world completion and my gifts of exploration without ever getting Shiverpeak Explorer. Unfortunately, now the new achievement system is rubbing it in my face. I’m at 173/175 so apparently there are two zones that aren’t involved in world completion that I missed? How does one even go about finding these? I know I went through every Shiverpeak zone to get completion, so going through each zone again isn’t likely to help.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Bluestone/Explorer

Use this and cross reference everything listed to what you have discovered. You will find the two missing culprits soon enough!

Posted by: FangedTerror.3852

FangedTerror.3852

focus on areas that dont have poi, hearts,vistas and wps

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Check Dredgehaunt Cliffs first. Mainly Ulukk’s Hunger and De Molish Post. There is also Forsaken Hall(next to Ulukk’s Hunger on the map) and Tribulation Caverns(not far from De Molish Post) but those two were added after launch but they might count anyway.

Ulukk’s Hunger is not needed for completion and De Molish Post can probably be skipped but it could have made completion go faster.

Havana.8625

How do you get inside Ulukk’s? I know I was inside on one character during the PS, but I don’t know if it was my warrior (the one at 173/175). I already completed my PS on the warrior.

By the way I’m at 174 now instead after going to the new zone in Wayfarer’s Foothills. I have another important question. The white names of the zones in the map. If I see the name does that mean I’ve found it already? Like do the names wait to appear until you’ve found the zone?

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

The white names do indeed only become visible when that area of the map is unfogged/discovered. It’s a great way to go through a checklist to compare what you have with what’s listed on wiki (or whatever); you don’t need to match map area to map area, just area name to a list of names.

EDIT: Should clarify, if you mean zone as in explorable zone (the map itself, like “wayfarer foothills”) then no, those names are always visible, obviously; the areas within that zone, like “svanir’s dome,” are only visible once you’ve discovered them.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Niloc.4365

Niloc.4365

Check Dredgehaunt Cliffs first. Mainly Ulukk’s Hunger and De Molish Post. There is also Forsaken Hall(next to Ulukk’s Hunger on the map) and Tribulation Caverns(not far from De Molish Post) but those two were added after launch but they might count anyway.

Ulukk’s Hunger is not needed for completion and De Molish Post can probably be skipped but it could have made completion go faster.

Last night I was at 174/175 for Shiverpeaks and I discovered Tribulation Caverns, Forsaken Hills and Ulukk’s Hunger and still was stuck at 174/175. It was only when I discovered De Molish Post that I got the achievement.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Last night I was at 174/175 for Shiverpeaks and I discovered Tribulation Caverns, Forsaken Hills and Ulukk’s Hunger and still was stuck at 174/175. It was only when I discovered De Molish Post that I got the achievement.

That is useful to know. Sounds like areas that were added since launch does not contribute to explorer at all.

Havana.8625

Thank you cpg, this helped tremendously. Just got the achievement tonight!